Visva Bharati PG UG Admission 2017-2018 – Admit Card, Application Form available in online, Apply now.
Candidates can apply for various courses in Visva-Bharati through online mode only. Details of the courses, eligibility criteria and relevant information are available in this page given below.
Visva Bharati invited candidates for apply for the session 2017-2018 for the following courses below.
Advanced Diploma Programme
Pre- Degree (10+2) Level.
Important Information: Visva Bharati Application Forms 2017
|01||Application Form Available on||from 29.04.2017 to 31.05.2017|
|02||Last Date of Submission of Forms for all courses||31.05.2017|
|03||Date of Exam||Published by the Visva Bharati of their official website.|
|04||Venue for Admission to UG/ PG Courses||Click Here for Venue for Admission to UG/ PG Courses or look the Bhavana Notice Board.|
How to Reach Visva-Bharati:
Visva-Bharati is ensconced in a rural setting in the district of Birbhum, about 160 kms by road from Kolkata. The nearest railway station is Bolpur-Santiniketan on the Eastern Railways and the nearest air terminal is Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport at Dum Dum, Kolkata. The University campus at Santiniketan, about 3 km from the railway station, can be reached in a little over two hours from Kolkata by rail or road. By train it is about 146 km. The University has two campuses, one at Santiniketan and the other at Sriniketan, which is about 3 kms, from Santiniketan. The institutional buildings and departments are distributed among them.
INTERNATIONAL / FOREIGN STUDENTS:
Students from abroad are welcome at Visva-Bharati. They may join any regular course of the University or certain specific courses specially designed for the foreign students. Before joining any course of the University they must satisfy the academic requirements set for the course. They should apply early so that all formalities may be completed by April, and they can join the course in July/August. They may have application forms any time of the year from the office of the Deputy Registrar (Academic & Research), Visva-Bharati. There is a provision for one-year course for foreign students who have passed the Higher Secondary examination or its equivalent and satisfy certain criteria set for admission to the course concerned.
The courses are offered in the following subjects:
- A survey of Indian History and Culture
- Culture Studies
- Comparative Literature
- Modern Indian Culture with special reference to Rabindranath and Gandhi
- Indian Philosophy
- Ancient Indian Philosophy and Culture
- Bengali / Hindi / Odia / Tibetan / Sanskrit language and literature
- Rabindra Literature
- Indian Classics
- Rabindra Sangit
- Drama and Theatrical Arts
- Hindustani Classical Music (Vocal or Instrumental :Sitar/ Esraj/ Tabla/ Pakhawaj)
- Indian Art(Painting / Sculpture / Graphic Art / Design (Textile) / Design (Ceramic)
- History of Art (Applicant should possess a graduate degree)
|SL||Category||For first subject||For each additional subject|
|01||For General & OBC candidates||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 200/-|
|02||For SC, ST & PWD candidates||Rs. 150/-||Rs. 75/-|
(Application fee for first subject is Rs.150/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates and Rs.500/- for all other candidates. For each additional subject an additional application fee of Rs. 75/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates and Rs. 200/- for all other candidates)
How to Apply:
Candidates have to apply through our online application system (vbu.ucanapply.com/ entrance). The online application allows the candidate to provide all information and also to upload scanned photograph (4 cm x 3 cm) and signature. Details of the courses, eligibility criteria and relevant information are available in the University website – www.visvabharati.ac.in.
Click to link for Apply for Visva-Bharati Application 2017-18.
The application fee in case of an online application may be paid by any one of the following ways:
- Candidate can make the payment Online using any of the online payment methods of Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, Cash Card, Payment through mobiles (A nominal TDR charge would be applicable). Candidates would get INSTANT confirmation of their payments and submissions when they pay through Online payment methods as listed.
- Offline Payment Method:- In case a candidate does not have access to an Online payment method he or she can deposit the required amount at the different HDFC branches using a Bank Challan generated Online : Details of the Bank will be printed in the Challan. Prospective candidates are advised to visit our website (www.visvabharati.ac.in) as well as Bhavana Notice Board at regular intervals for updates.
- Rights of cancellation or selection/admission lie with the Admission Committee of the Institute concerned. The University reserves the right to limit the number of eligible applicants to be called for admission test (wherever applicable).
- Admission Test Centers: Admission Tests for the courses (wherever applicable) will be held at Santiniketan and Sriniketan. The dates and venues, will be notified on the University website and Bhavana Notice Board.
- For the academic session 2017-2018, Visva-Bharati will admit students for various courses.
- MODALITIES FOR ADMISSION ARE SPECIFIED IN THE RELEVANT SECTION IN EACH BHAVANA IN THE PROSPECTUS:
- Students must apply through online: vbu.ucanapply.com/entrance Admit cards(wherever applicable) to be generated at the University website: www.visvabharati.ac.in, Applicants will have to report at least one and a half hours before the commencement of admission tests.
- The qualifying marks for admission shall be 30 out of 100 for general candidates and 27 out of 100 for OBC candidates (wherever applicable). There shall be no qualifying marks in case of SC/ST candidates.
- The Admission Tests for courses (wherever applicable) will be conducted in Santiniketan and Sriniketan by the respective department, the details of which will be available from the Adhyaksha of the Bhavana/Vibhaga (Institute) concerned or from the University website.
- Incomplete applications are liable to be summarily rejected.
- Where no dates for admission tests are mentioned, notifications for dates will be given in the University website/Bhavana notice board.
- Applicants must produce their original final mark sheets of previous public examinations and other relevant documents along with attested photo-copies at the time of admission to various courses failing which his/her candidature will not be considered for admission.
- In case of grading system in 10+2 result, the applicants must obtain the percentage of marks for their grades mentioned in the marksheets otherwise against the grade the minimum marks in the range (mentioned against the grade) will be considered for the calculation.
- Candidates coming from other Universities/Institutions must submit Migration Certificates from their respective Universities / Institutions within 6 (six) months from the date of their admission to this University as per rules; otherwise their admissions are liable to be canceled.
- Candidates should collect, on their own, information about the exact dates of publication of the results of the admission tests 2017-2018 from the University website/offices of the respective Institute.
- Applicants who have passed the qualifying public examinations during last five years (including the current year) will only be considered while seeking admission to Bachelors / Masters Degree courses. Applicants who have passed the qualifying public examinations during last ten years (including the current year) will only be considered while seeking admission to Bachelors / Masters Degree and other courses of Kala-Bhavana. Foreign students, however, are exempted.
- All under-graduate students shall be required to study Compulsory Foundation Courses on Tagore Studies and Environmental Studies (Eight credit each, divided into two semester).
Candidates you must check the information Brochure for important information and eligibility criteria for Apply in Various Courses.
Download the information Brochure 2017-2018 Details.
Download the information Brochure 2017-2018 Handy
Visva-Bharati, Po:Santiniketan, Dist: Birbhum, West Bengal, India, Pin – 731235
Sriniketan, Birbhum, West Bengal, India, Pin – 731236
University website: www.visvabharati.ac.in
Online application website: vbu.ucanapply.com/entrance