Calcutta University M.Phil Admission 2016-2018 Announced for Verious Programme.
Calcutta University has been published a notificaton for M.Phil Admission 2017-18 in Verious Subjects. Candidates who are elegible can aplly in various M.Phil and Ph.d Programme in Calcutta university. Candidates can duly filled in application form for admission in this academic session 2016-2018. Now you can all information i.e, Exam schedule, appliction form, elegible criteria and fees for admission fro this page given below.
Library & Information Science : Exam Schedule.
Candidates can registration and Apply for M. Phil in Library & Information Science (Jan 2017 – Dec 2018) will be held as per following schedule:
|01||Date of Written Test||10.12.2017-Saturday (Already Past)|
|02||Date of Publication of list of qualified candidates for Viva-voce||14.12.2017(Wednesday)|
|03||Date of Viva-voce||17. 12. 2016 (Saturday)|
|04||Tentative Date of Publication of Final List||23. 12. 2016 (Friday)|
|05||Tentative Dates of Admission||29 – 30 December 2016 (Thursday-Friday)|
Verious Programme Offered: Bengali, English, Philoshophy,Sonskrit, Hindi, Education, Library & Information Science ,History, Anciant Indian History & culture,Pali,Sociology, Commerce and Women Studies.
Schedule for Anciant Indian History & culture:
|01||Date & Time of the M. Phil. Entrance Examination, 2016||23rd December, 2016|
|02||Publication of result of written test||04th January, 2017|
|03||Date of Interview||11th January, 2017 (Wednesday) [11am – 2 pm] [Reporting Time at the Department: 10:30 am ]|
|04||Publication of Final Result||13th January, 2017 (Friday)|
|05||Commencement of M. Phil. Class (Semester I)||20th January, 2017|
Information Regurding Subject:
- Post-graduate level of Ancient Indian History and Culture
- Trends in Writing History
- Ancient Indian Historiography
- All questions will be based on the general papers as indicated in the latest post-graduate syllabus of the Department of AIHC
Pattern of questions:
- All ten short questions are to be answered in one or two words (10 x 1=10 marks)
- Out of six, one broad question is to be answered (1 x 40= 40 marks)
- Total Marks: 50 Pass Marks: 50% of total marks
Examination M.Phil Programme in Sonskrit:
|01||Date of Written Test||21 Dec, 2016|
|02||Date of Publication of list of qualified candidates for Viva-voce||04th Jan, 2017|
|03||Date of Viva-Voce||11 & 13 Jan, 2017|
|04||Tentative Date of Publication of Final List||17th Jan, 2017|
|05||Tentative Date of Admission||18 to 20 Jan, 2017|
|06||Commencement of M. Phil. Class (Semester I)||27 Jan, 2017|
Download Application Form – Note: Process is over now!!!!
Completed Application Forms except Education, Sociology, Library & Information science and Women Studies will be received by the Office of the Secretary, UCAC, (College Street Campus, CU), Room No. 3G, Asutosh Building (Ground Floor) between 11 am and 3 pm on all working days by 25/11/2016 (the last date of submission) with all relevant documents – self Attested but original documents are to be shown at the time of submission of application form.
Forms for Education, Sociology and Women Studies will be received by the concerned Department at the Alipur Campus, CU, 1 Reformatory Street, Kolkata – 700 027 within the date and time mentioned above.
Forms for Library & Information Science will be received by the Office of the Department of Library & Information Science, Asutosh Building (3rd Floor), College Street Campus, CU within the date and time mentioned above.
- Any candidate who has passed the M.A/M. Sc/M. Com/MLIS or equivalent examination of the university with 55% marks in aggregate [SC/ST/PWD (minimum 40% disability) with 50% marks] students in the respective subject/subjects. Students who are taking M.A/M. Sc/M. Com/MLIS or equivalent Part – II Examination and or Final Semester Examination in the above mentioned subjects may also apply provisionally and sit for the Admission Test but their final admission would depend on passing the examination obtained the required marks mentioned above. Candidates who have qualified NET and or SET or any equivalent National Level Examination are exempted from the written test, but not from the interview/viva-voce. Candidates of any stream of M.A/M. Sc/M. Com/MLIS and other PG degrees from recognized universities are eligible to apply for the subject “Women Studies”.
- Candidates of other universities are required to submit the “Equivalence Certificate” from the University of Calcutta (Office of the Registrar) at the time of submission of application form.
- Candidates of Reserved category of other states are required to submit the “Domicile Certificate” (at least for the period of 10 years) from the competent authority from Central Government or State Government having local jurisdiction over the place of permanent residence of the concerned candidate or his/her parents, as the case may be.
|Courses||No. of Seats|
|Library & Information Science||18|
|Ancient Indian History & Culture||13|
- For SC, ST, OBC – A, OBC – B and PWD candidate will be made as per University /Govt. rules.
- Reservation of 3% of seats for PWD within each respective category (SC/ST, OBC – A, OBC – B/unreserved of the concerned subject)100 Point Roster of West Bengal Board of Higher Educational Institution will be followed in final selection.Fee Structure
- Rs. 4000/- to be paid by the selected candidates at the time of admission (except Library & Information Science).
- For Library & Information Science (a) Rs. 625/- per month for non-sponsored students, (b) Rs. 875/- per month for sponsored Indian students, (c) US $ 1000/- or its equivalent for foreign or NRI students to be paid at the time of admission. [Admission fees: Rs. 500/- and Library fees Rs. 400/- extra].
Mode of payment will be informed later on.
Candidates for further information, C.U. website (www.caluniv.ac.in)/ Notice Board of the concerned Department are to be followed from time to time.