Punjab Agricultural University Admission : 2016 – 2017 PAU Entrance Examination.
Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) has been invited application through the Admission Process Management System (APMS) portal offers for admission to deferent Under graduate, Post Graduate and Diploma Courses for 2016- 2017 academic year. Only those candidates who are residents of Punjab or Union Territory of Chandigarh are eligible for seeking admission to all Undergraduate, Masters’ and Diploma Programmes except for MBA Programme, 85% seats are filled from candidates with state domicile and 15% from other states. Candidates you can get all information in details of PAU Admission Test.
Candidates now look the Important Dates, Course Offered, Admission Procedure, Eligibility Criteria, Result and Counselling details are on this page which given below.
Current or Early Updates : Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) has going to Declared the Exam Result 2016.
Punjab Agricultural University : Admission on 2016 – 2017.
Candidates who are interested can apply online or offline Punjab Agricultural University Admission 2016. Punjab Agricultural University has been conducted the Entrance exam for admission to various UG / PG and Diploma courses every year. Candidates can apply online or offline for entrance exam based all courses. Candidates can apply only through offline mode for without entrance test course only.
Without Entrance Test Exam Courses:
01. M.Tech. Remote Sensing & Geographic Information System (GIS)
02. Diploma Course in Hybrid Seed Production Technology
|Starts of Online Application||12 Apr 2016|
|Programme with Entrance Exam|
|Last date for receipt of applications (without late fee)||06 May 2016 *|
|Last date for receipt of applications (with late fee of Rs.1000/-)||13 May 2016|
|Programme without Entrance Exam|
|Last date for receipt of applications (without late fee)||10 June 2016|
|Last date for receipt of applications (with late fee of Rs.1000/-)||17 June 2016|
*For Design Aptitude Test (DAT) the last date for receipt of application form with late fee is 31.5.2016.However,after13.5.2016 the applicants for DAT will have to submit their application form (available in the prospectus) in the office of Registrar, PAU, Ludhiana 141004 along with bank draft of `4150/- in favour of Comptroller, PAU, Ludhiana.
- Only those candidates who are residents of Punjab or Union Territory of Chandigarh are eligible for seeking admission to all Undergraduate, Masters’ and Diploma programmes except for MBA Programme, 85% seats are filled from candidates with state domicile and 15% from other states.
- The admission to Ph.D. programmes shall be on All India basis.
- Candidates should reach the venue mentioned in the Admit Card at 9.00 a.m. sharp on the day of Entrance Test. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the Examination Centre without Admit Card.
- The candidates appearing in qualifying examination in the current year can also apply for admission but the original certificates/provisional degree certificate/copy of result notification of qualifying examination must be presented at the time of counselling/interview.
- All fresh Admissions to Undergraduate, Masters’ and Diploma programmes will close on 11.08.2016. Ph.D. admissions will close on 29.01.2017.
- The candidates reporting for counselling/interview after the scheduled time shall be treated as absent.
- The counselling will be conducted merit-wise/rank wise. If a candidate misses the 1st counselling, he/ she can attend the subsequent counsellings merit-wise on the prescribed date, subject to availability of seats.
- All the newly admitted candidates are required to submit their original certificates/testimonials with the concerned Dean at the time of interview/counsellings.
- The seats left vacant in different disciplines of Masters’/Ph.D. programmes where there is no waiting list may be shifted to other disciplines within a particular faculty/college. The shifting of seats in different disciplines will be decided by a committee consisting of Dean, Postgraduate Studies (Chairperson), Dean of the concerned faculty/college, Registrar and Controller of Examinations. The vacant seats will be shifted only to those disciplines where no candidate has been admitted against reserved categories from sportspersons and Kashmiri Migrants. The committee after assessing the availability of required facilities will shift not more than one seat to a particular discipline. The recommendation of the
committee shall be put up to the Vice Chancellor for consideration/approval.
- The Academic Council is the supreme academic authority to frame rules and regulations, increase/ decrease admission capacity and to decide all other matters relating to admissions and academic affairs.
- All the programmes of the university are full-time programmes. A student, therefore, cannot take admission in more than one programme simultaneously and also cannot take up regular job.
- The admission to all programmes of the University shall be made by the Registrar, who reserves the right to cancel the admission sought by misrepresentation/concealment of facts or admission made due
to error/oversight, etc.
- The score on account of research credits/thesis evaluation/final viva will not be added for calculating the percentage of marks for admission to Ph.D. programme.
PAU Result 2016
- Physics – MET-PHYSICS held on 27-05-2016 ROLL NO. WISE RANKS (List of Candidates Eligible for Counselling)
- Agribusiness – MET-AGRIBUSINESS held on 27-05-2016 ROLL NO. OF THE CANDIDATES WHO HAVE QUALIFIED MET-AGRIBUSINESS
- Chemistry – MET-CHEMISTRY held on 26-05-2016 ROLL NO. WISE RANKS (List of Candidates Eligible for Counselling)
Details regarding results
- The result is notified by the Registrar and will be displayed on the notice board in Thapar Hall and also on the University website (www.pau.edu).
- A white application form shall be uploaded by university with the entrance test result on its website (www.pau.edu). The candidate should download this application form and fill it with his/her own hand and bring it at the time of counselling/interview along with all the documents.
- Candidates called for counselling should reach the venue on the scheduled date and time as per counselling schedule given in the prospectus. No Separate Information will be sent.
- The university will not pay any TA/DA or other expenses for appearing in the entrance test/ counselling/interview.
- For the undergraduate programmes, the candidates called for first counselling would be four times the number of seats in the programme.
- For Masters’ programmes, only those candidates, who obtain 20% marks in the entrance test, will be called for counselling/interview.
- At the time of counselling, the candidates selected for admission shall be required to deposit the Full Fee immediately On the Spot, failing which the seat will be offered to the next candidate on merit.
- Only those candidates who are residents of Punjab or Union Territory of Chandigarh are eligible for seeking admission to all Undergraduate, Masters’ and Diploma programmes.
- The candidates are advised to go through the Prospectus and study the admission rules carefully. The candidates should ensure that he/she fulfills the prescribed qualification for admission before filling the application form.
- The candidates who appeared or are appearing in the qualifying examination can apply but they must produce original mark sheets of qualifying examination result at the time of counselling failing which their candidature will not be considered for counselling.
- The candidates are advised to visit PAU website www.pau.edu regularly to see the updates uploaded by the University regarding adimission from time to time.
- A candidate can appear in different tests as per his/her eligibility by filling separate application form for each entrance test.
Admit Card (For Offline / Online Applicants)
The Admit card of the MET has been issued for Physics and Chemistry applicants. The Admit Card can be downloaded by clicking on the link “Download Admit Card”, on the PAU website (www.pau.edu). The candidates who have applied for the PAU Test 2016 can download the Admit Card using the direct link given below.
Download PAU Test 2016 Admit Card here
- Click here and Enter Date of Birth and UID / Prospectus No. to download
How to Download Admit Card 2016 PAU Entrance Exam:
- Click now to Download the Admit Card 2016 through the official link of PAU.
- Candidates who are apply offline, Enter your DOB and Prospectus Number Correctly.
- Candidates who are apply online, please enter your DOB and UID (Which will get top of the Application form as well as on the Challan).
- Admit Card/Hall Ticket will be shown on the PC screen.
- Now click to Save and take a print of the Admit Card.
PAU Entrance Exam Roll Number List :
RESULT / COUNSELLING:
- The result will be notified by the Registrar and will be displayed on the notice board in Thapar Hall and
also on the University website (www.pau.edu).
- A white application form shall be uploaded by university with the entrance test result on its
website (www.pau.edu). The candidate should download this application form and fill it with his/
her own hand and bring it at the time of counselling/interview along with all the documents in
original as well as two sets of photocopies of the same referred at Sr. No. 6 under head Offline
- Candidates called for counselling should reach the venue on the scheduled date and time as per counselling schedule given in the prospectus. NO SEPARATE INFORMATION WILL BE SENT.
- The university will not pay any TA/DA or other expenses for appearing in the entrance test/counselling / interview.
- For the undergraduate programmes, the number of candidates called for first counselling would be four times the number of seats in the programme (for more details see chapter no.VII).
- For Masters’ and Ph.D. programmes, only those candidates, who obtain 20% marks in the entrance test, will be called for counselling/interview. Further Ph.D. candidates are also required to obtain 20% marks in MCQ & Subjective test, individually.
- At the time of counselling, the candidates selected for admission shall be required to deposit the FULL FEE in cash immediately ON THE SPOT, failing which the seat will be offered to the next candidate on merit.
- Offline applicants are advised to paste the same photograph on the admit card as pasted on the application form and get it attested from the Principal /Gazetted officer.
- All applicants must bring a photo ID proof along with downloaded admit card on the examination day, otherwise he/she will not be allowed to appear in the entrance test.
- In case any applicant is not able to download his/her admit card, he/she may contact the office of The Registrar, Thapar Hall, PAU, Ludhiana, two days before the date of entrance test along with a copy of application form and original candidate’s copy of Challan Form and two passport size photographs.
- No enquiries regarding admit card will be entertained on the day of entrance test.
Schedule of Entrance Exam
|Name of the Entrance Test||Date of Entrance Test||Tentative date for Downloading of Admit Card|
|MET-CHEM||26 May 2016||After 20 May 2016|
|MET-PHYSICS||27 May 2016||After 21 May 2016|
|MET-AGRIBUISINESS||27 May 2016||After 21 May 2016|
|MET-BASIC SCI||30 May 2016||After 23 May 2016|
|AAT||05 June 2016||After 28 May 2016|
|MET-MBA||09 June 2016||After 01 June 2016|
|CET||18 June 2016||After 08 June 2016|
|MET-AGRI||23 June 2016||After 15 June 2016|
|MET-CE||27 June 2016||After 20 June 2016|
|MET-CSE||27 June 2016||After 20 June 2016|
|MET-ME||27 June 2016||After 20 June 2016|
|MET-FD||27 June 2016||After 20 June 2016|
|MET-BIOTECH||27 June 2016||After 20 June 2016|
|MET-STAT||28 June 2016||After 21 June 2016|
|MET-AE||28 June 2016||After 21 June 2016|
|MET-SOCIOLOGY||28 June 2016||After 21 June 2016|
|DAT||29 June 2016||After 22 June 2016|
|MET-JLSM||29 June 2016||After 22 June 2016|
|MET-HOME SCI||29 June 2016||After 22 June 2016|
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR ENTRANCE TEST
- All Entrance Examinations will start at 10:00 A.M. on prescribed dates. The candidates must reach Centre of Examination at 9:00 A.M. sharp.
- Candidates arriving late by more than half an hour of the start of the examination will not be permitted to appear in the test.
- Calculator, log tables, pager, mobile phone/Bluetooth devices or any electronic gadget, note book or written notes, pamphlets, slide rules, protractors, rulers, highlighters, dictionary and electronic watches etc. are not allowed inside the Examination Hall. Any violation would amount to disqualification of candidature.
- Any candidate, who creates disturbance of any kind during the Test or otherwise misbehaves in or around the Examination Centre or changes his/her seat with any candidate will be expelled from the Test.
- Any candidate having in his/her possession or accessible to him/her papers/books or notes which may possibly be for providing assistance, or copying from any paper/book or note or allowing any other candidate to copy from his/her answer sheet or found writing on any other paper, or using or attempting to use any other unfair means will be expelled from the Test.
- The decision of the Centre Superintendent/Coordinator/Controller of Examinations to expel a candidate from the examination Centre will be final.
- If a candidate puts any identification mark on the OMR sheet, the same shall be cancelled. The decision of the Controller of Examinations in this regard will be final.
- If impersonation in the Entrance Test is detected, the candidature will be cancelled and a case will be
registered with the police.
- Disabled students shall be granted an extra time @ 20 minutes per hour in entrance tests. They have
to attach a request while applying for entrance test.
Candidates Click For Download Complete Information Brochure – Click here