NEET MDS 2023 Important Dates – How to Apply : Registration, Exam Fee, Eligibility Criteria
Applications for Admission to MDS courses through NEET-MDS for 2023-24 admission session.
National Board of Examination in Medical Science (NBEMS) has announced the exam dates for admission to Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) course for the session 2023-24. Applications for Admission to MDS courses through National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test-MDS (NEET-MDS) for the session 2023-24. Who are eligible to apply for Admission to MDS courses, follow the all instructions given below or from the official website https://nbe.edu.in or https://natboard.edu.in
NEET MDS Single window entrance examination for admission to MDS Courses. Admission to MDS Courses : 2023-24 session
NEET-MDS 2023 shall be the single eligibility cum entrance examination for admission to MDS Courses for the academic session 2023-24 which will include the following:
1. All India 50% quota seats for MDS courses (all states)
2. State quota seats for MDS courses for all States/Union territories of India.
3. MDS courses at all Private Dental Colleges, Institutions & Universities all across the country
4. MDS courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
5. Screening exam for dental surgeons (BDS & MDS) for Short Service Commission in Army Dental Corps
The following Dental institution(s) are not covered for admission to MDS courses through NEET-MDS for 2023-24 admission session:
1. AIIMS, New Delhi
No state government/private dental college/Universities shall be conducting any separate entrance for admission to their MDS Courses for the admission session 2023-24.
• General, OBC and EWS Rs. 4250/-
• SC, ST, PWD Rs. 3250/-
A candidate for admission to the Master in Dental Surgery course, must possess a recognised degree of Bachelor in Dental Surgery awarded by a university or institute in India and registered with the State Dental Council and has obtained provisional or permanent registration and has undergone compulsory rotatory internship of a year in an approved / recognised dental college. More details should be follows the Information Brochure given below.
Allocation of time for NEET-MDS 2023:
•Allow Candidates to enter the examination centre and Commence Registration for the test – 07:00 AM
•Entry closes at Examination Center – 08:30 AM
•Grant access for Candidate Login – 08:45 AM
•Candidates log in to read instructions – 08:50 AM
•Exam Start Time – 09:00 AM
•Exam End Time – 12:00 PM
Important Information for Candidates:
NEET-MDS 2023 is the eligibility cum ranking examination for admission to various MDS courses of 2023-24 admission session.
NEET-MDS 2023 will be conducted by NBEMS. Candidates may note that the role of NBEMS is limited to the conduct of NEET-MDS, declaration of the result and handing over the result to the designated counseling authority. NBEMS has no role in counseling and allotment of MDS seats. Verification of documents and eligibility determination of the candidates shall be undertaken at the time of counseling / admission process.
Candidate may kindly note that appearance in NEET-MDS 2023 does not confer any automatic rights to secure a MDS seat. The selection and admission to Postgraduate seats in any dental institutions recognized for running MDS courses as per Dentists Act, 1948 is subject to fulfilling the admission criteria, eligibility, medical fitness and such criteria as may be prescribed by the respective universities, medical/dental institutions, Dental Council of India, State/Central Government.
Candidates are advised to read the Information Bulletin carefully and go through the instructions regarding submission of online application form given in the information bulletin as well as on NEET – MDS 2023 index page on NBEMS website https://nbe.edu.in before starting online submission process for NEET MDS 2023.
Candidates are deemed to have read, agreed and accepted the Information Bulletin and the terms and conditions in the Information Bulletin for NEET-MDS 2023 on completing the online submission of application form.
Candidate should ensure that all the information entered during the online submission of application form is correct and factual. Information provided by
the candidates in the online application form shall be treated as correct and NBEMS will not entertain, under any circumstances, any request for change in the information provided by the candidates. The option of editing certain information entered in the application form shall be available to the candidates during the edit window. Please refer Chapter on Instructions to fill Application Form for details regarding Edit Window.
Admit Card & Test Day Procedures:
Admit Card: Admit cards shall be made live on National Board of Examination in Medical Sciences website https://nbe.edu.in on 22nd February 2023. Admit cards will not be issued to candidates found ineligible before the conduct of the examination.
Candidates will be informed through SMS/Email alerts and website notice regarding availability of the admit card on NBEMS website. Admit card will not be sent to the candidates by Post/Email.
How to Download Admit Card :
Candidates are required to download their admit card from the NBEMS website and affix firmly their recent (not more than 3 months old) passport size photograph in the space provided on the admit card. The photograph must meet following specifications:
Size of photograph :
1. Minimum 35x45mm (and not larger than the box printed on admit card for pasting the photograph) with at least 75% area on the photograph should be occupied with the face & head of the candidate.
2. It should be a Colour photograph with white background.
3. The photograph needs to display full front view of the face with a neutral expression. No Caps, Stethoscope, Goggles, Ornaments to be worn.
4. The photograph should not have reflection or shadow on the face with red eyes.
5. The photograph needs to be printed on a high quality paper with at least 600 dpi Resolutions.
6. The photograph must not have kinks, scratches and stains.
Entry of Candidates in Test Venue :
Entry of Candidates as per Time Slots given in the Admit Cards: Candidates are required to report at the ‘Reporting Counter’ of test venue at as per time indicated in their admit cards. To avoid crowding at the test venue entry, there will be staggered time slots for candidates to report. The reporting counter will close 30 minutes prior to the test start time. This will allow time for security checks, identity verification and checking in for examination.
Candidates reporting late or beyond the prescribed time shall not be allowed to appear in the exam under any circumstances. NBEMS shall not be responsible for any delayed arrival of the candidate in reaching the centre due to any reason.
Test Centre Location:
Exact address and location of the test centres shall be indicated in the admit card. Candidates are advised to familiarise themselves with the test centre locations at least one day prior to the examination day and ensure that they report for the exam as per scheduled time only.
Please note that only the candidates who have been issued admit card will be allowed entry inside the examination centre premises subject to fulfilment of documentary requirements.
Barcode/ QR Code Reader at Entry Points:
The candidate will flash the admit card and ID proof for verification to the exam functionary standing across the table with barcode/QR code reader. Candidate shall be informed about the assigned lab number.
Identity checks will be made upon arrival at the test centre to ensure that there are no unauthorized candidates appearing for the exam.
Candidates MUST bring to the test centre the following documents:
01. Printed copy of Barcoded/QR Coded Admit card with his/her photograph pasted on it.
02. Any one of the below mentioned Govt issued photo IDs (must be original and valid/non-expired):
✤ PAN Card
✤ Driving License
✤ Voter ID
✤ Aadhaar Card (with Photograph)
(In case, any candidate reports to the test center with e-Aadhaar Card with Aadhaar number printed on it as proof of identity, the e-Aadhaar Card should be a good quality colour print out with clearly visible photograph. The photograph should not have kinks, scratches and stains, and should definitely match with the candidate presenting the e-Aadhaar Card. Decision of NBEMS in this regard shall be final).
03. Candidates without valid ID proof shall not be allowed to enter the examination premises.
04. Unfair means case shall be registered against the candidates producing false / forged documents / ID Proofs.
05. SECURITY AT THE TEST CENTRE: Candidates will not be allowed to take the following items beyond security checkpoint in examination premises under any circumstances:
✤ Any stationery item like textual material (printed or written), notes, Plastic Pouch, Calculator, Pen, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Eraser, etc..
✤ Any electronic device like Mobile Phone, Bluetooth, Earphones, Microphone, Pager, wrist watch/Health Band, Calculator, Electronic Pen/ Scanner etc.
✤ All ornaments like bracelets, Ring, Earrings, Nosepin, Chain/Necklace, Pendants, Necklace with pendants, Badge, Brooch etc.
✤ Other items like Wallet, Goggles, Handbags, Belt, Cap etc.
✤ Any eatable item opened or packed, soft drinks, water bottle etc.
✤ Any other item which could be used for unfair means, for hiding communication devices like wireless/Bluetooth device, spy camera etc.
06. Candidates will be compulsorily required to carry following items with them to the examination lab:
• Face Mask
• Exam related documents (Admit card, ID Card etc)
07. Please read the admit card carefully for items permitted to carry inside the examination centres.
08. Centres for NEET-MDS 2023: Click Here.
The exact venue will be informed to the candidates through admit cards. The Candidates shall make their own arrangement for travel/boarding etc.
Candidates will be informed regarding their test venue through the admit card.
Requests for change of testing centre / city shall not be entertained. Candidates are advised not to canvass for the same.
How to Fill Online NEET-MDS 2023 Application Form?
Official website –
https://nbe.edu.in or https://natboard.edu.in
Instructions to Fill Online NEET-MDS 2023 Application Form:
01. New User Registration:
All candidates desirous of applying for NEET-MDS 2023 shall be required to create an online profile of themselves to generate a User ID and Password.
02. Applicant Login:
This User ID and Password so created will allow the candidate to login as an applicant for NEET-MDS 2023 session and register an online application. The “Go To Application” link will allow the applicant to continue with the application submission immediately after user creation.
03. If the Login password is lost, it can be retrieved by clicking “Forgot Your Password”.
04. Name of Candidate: Please mention your full name as in Primary Dental Qualification Certificate. Name as entered by the candidate while creating his/her User ID shall be reflected in a non-editable format in his/her examination application form. No change in the name shall be permissible under any circumstances after submission of an application. The candidate shall be required to produce his/her Govt issued ID proof bearing same name at the test centre on the test day to seek entry. It is strongly advised not to submit an application with an error in the candidate’s name as it shall not be allowed to be edited after application submission. If the user has entered his/her name wrongly while registering the user, please create another user with correct name.
01. Gender and Date of Birth: Indicate your gender and Day, Month & Year of your birth. Please enter the correct date of birth carefully while registering the user.
02. Nationality: Please choose your nationality amongst the options given: Indian, Non-Resident Indian (NRI), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)/PIO and Non OCI Foreign Nationals.
Indian Citizens who are not NRI should choose Indian. An Indian Citizen should choose Non-Resident Indian, if he/she is an NRI. If you are a Foreign National but also an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), please choose OCI/PIO. Foreign Nationals who are not an OCI should choose Non OCI Foreign National.
03. Email ID: Email ID chosen by the candidate shall be verified through a system generated OTP for user creation. Same email ID can not be used for registration of any other user concurrently. Please note that all email correspondence with the candidate shall be done at this email ID only. Email chosen by the candidate shall be the primary means to communicate with the candidate for examination purposes. Information related to examinations shall be sent at this email ID. Candidates shall also be able to communicate with NBEMS through this registered email only. Correspondence received from any other email ID of the candidate shall not be entertained. Therefore, candidates are advised to choose the email ID carefully.
04. Mobile No: Please provide a unique mobile number for receiving Examinations related communications sent through SMS. Mobile number chosen by the candidate shall not be the primary means to communicate with the candidate for examination purposes.
The User ID/Application ID and password so generated shall be sent to the registered email ID of the candidate for future records.
The candidate can login using his/her User ID and Password.
The application submission process can be completed either in a single sitting or in multiple sittings, as per the candidate’s choice, during the application submission window. However, once an application is successfully completed & submitted, it shall be available for editing certain field only during the “edit window”.
MOST IMPORTANT FOR CANDIDATES:
The candidate shall be required to provide information as asked under various heads. It is strongly recommended to keep the required information handy before start filing the application. Please read the User Manual available at the index page of NEET-MDS 2023 for step wise details asked in the application form.
✤ Online Submission of Applications :- 9th January 2023 (3PM Onwards) to 30th January 2023 (Till 11:55 PM)
✤ Edit Window for All Payment Success Applications :- 2nd February 2023 to 5th February 2023.
(Any information/documents can be edited except Name, Nationality, Email, Mobile number and Test City)
✤ Final Edit Window to rectify Deficient/Incorrect Images : 10th February 2023 to 13th February 2023.
(No further opportunity shall be given)
3. Thumb Impression
✤ Issue of Admit Card : 22nd February 2023.
✤ Examination Date : 1st March 2023.
✤ Declaration of Result : 31st March 2023.
✤ Cut-off date for completion of internship towards eligibility for NEET-MDS 2023 : 31st March 2023.
Admission to MDS courses by NEET-MDS-2023-24. All above information have to taken from official website. Candidates please verify the official information before apply.
Candidates collect the Information Brochure as PDF file.