State Eligibility Test (SET) for Assistant Professor Recruitment in West Bengal Apply now.
Apply online for SET 2018 –WBCSC
The West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) has invited Applications from eligible candidates for twenty first State Eligibility Test (SET-2018) for the posts of Assistant Professor in Universities and Colleges of West Bengal only.Candidate seeking admission to the Test (SET, 2018) must apply online only on the WBCSC website.The State Eligibility Test (SET) will be held on 9th December, 2018 (Sunday) for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only in Universities and Colleges of West Bengal.WBCSC will conduct SET in 30 subjects at selected Test Centres of different Districts. Candidates get all important information about the SET 2018 exam,Time Schedule, Admit Card, How to apply, Important Dates, Important Instruction, Eligibility Conditions and Age Limit etc. are available in this page below.
Important Dates: State Eligibility Test for Assistant Professor in West Bengal.
15th September, 2018
|01||Submission of online Application Form||16th August, 2018|
|02||Last date for Applying Online||15th September, 2018|
|03||Last date for Online Fee Payment||15th September, 2018|
|04||Last date of submission of Fee through online generated
Bank Challan, at any branch of UNITED BANK OF INDIA
or through credit/debit card/internet banking
|20th September, 2018|
|05||Correction in Particulars of Application Form
over email id [email protected]
|28th September, 2018|
|06||Date of Examination||9th December, 2018|
(i) Before submission of the online Application Form, the candidate should read this notification carefully.
(ii) The State Eligibility Test (SET) will be held on 9th December, 2018 (SUNDAY) for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only in Universities and Colleges of West Bengal.WBCSC will conduct SET in 30 subjects at selected Test Centres of different Districts.
(iii) Eligibility for Assistant Professor will depend on the performance of the candidate in both the papers of SET in aggregate. Candidates who qualify the Test for eligibility for Assistant Professor will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor of the Universities/Colleges of West Bengal.
(iv) The result of the SET to be held on 9th December, 2018 will be made available in the website: www.wbcsconline.in as and when it is declared. The candidate will not be individually intimated about their results.
(v) Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST) / Persons with Disability(PwD) / Other Backward Classes (OBC) (Non- creamy layer) candidate will be given such special concessions as may be decided by the WBCSC under the Guidelines of UGC.
01. Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from Universities/Institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PwD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates shall be considered eligible for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination with at least 55% marks [50% marks in case of OBC falling in Non-creamy layer/SC/ST/PwD (persons with disability) category candidates]. Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
Candidates belonging to third gender in other words transgender would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee and qualifying criteria for SET as are available to SC/ST/PwD categories. The subject-wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD/OBC categories in the corresponding subject.
The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates, whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item No.13(on page 7), may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificate/document in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to WBCSC. However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the WBCSC at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or foreign degree/ diploma/ certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should, in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma / degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (www.aiu.ac.in).
There is no upper age limit for applying for SET. However, for the purpose of recruitment, the relevant Government Order will be applicable.
(i) NET/SET/SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions. In this regard, exemption from NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to time.
(ii) The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET/SET.
(iii) The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002 are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the Universities / Colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.
Examination Fees and Mode of Payment:
|Other Backward Classes
01.The candidates may pay the examination fee either by credit/debit card/internet banking or through E-Challan generated during the online filling of the application form. In case of E-Challan, the payment should be made at any branch of the United Bank of India in India (Bank charges Rs. 48/- including GST). In case the examination fee is paid through credit/ debit card/ internet banking the additional processing charges as following will also be debited from the credit/debit card/internet banking account of the candidate.
Credit Card: 1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
Debit Card : Nil
Internet Banking: Rs. 10/- per transaction plus the service tax as applicable.
- After filling all the details for applying online for SET, the candidate will have the option to select the mode of payment of examination fee either by credit/debit card/internet banking or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form indicating their details therein.
In case, the fee payment status is not ‘OK’ the candidates are advised as following:
- If the fee is paid through e-challan by depositing cash in above mentioned bank, the candidate should contact immediately the concerned bank to update his/her fee status on the website
- If the fee is paid through credit/debit card/internet banking and status is not OK, it means the transaction is cancelled and the amount will be refunded to concerned credit/debit card /internet banking account within a week. Such candidates have to pay the fee once again.
- Please note that fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be rejected. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Scheme and Date of Test:
The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 9th December, 2018 (SUNDAY) in two separate sessions as under:
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Questions||Duration|
|First||1||100||50 questions, all are compulsory||1 Hour (09:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.) IST|
|Second||II||200||100 questions, all are compulsory||2 Hours (11:00 A.M. to 01:00 P.M.) IST|
Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions, each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching, research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions, each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate. All the questions of Paper – II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabi of earlier Paper II & Paper – III (including all electives, without options).
The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I & Paper – II on the OMR Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
The detailed instructions for filling up the OMR sheet are given on pages 9 and 10. It may be noted that these instructions to candidates will not be sent to any of the candidates by post.
Procedure and Criteria for Declaration of Result:
- Top 6% of the appearing candidates who appear in both two papers and secure at least 40% aggregate marks for candidates belonging to General Category and at least 35% aggregate marks for candidates belonging to reserved categories, viz., [SC, ST, OBC (belonging to Non Creamy Layer) and PWD] and Transgender, will be declared qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor by following the reservation policy of the Government of West Bengal.
This will comprise of following steps:
Step I: The number of candidates to be qualified (total slots) for Eligibility for Assistant Professor shall be equal to 6% of the candidates appeared in both the papers of SET.
Step II: The total slots shall be allocated to different categories as per the reservation policy of Government of West Bengal.
Step III: In order to be considered for ‘Eligibility for Assistant Professor’, the candidate must have appeared in both the papers and secured at least 40% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for General (Unreserved) category candidates and at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for all candidates belonging to the reserved categories [viz.,SC, ST, OBC(belonging to Non-Creamy Layer) & PWD] and Transgender. Step IV: The number of candidates to be declared qualified in any subject for a particular category is derived as per the following methodology illustrated below:
|Number of candidates to be declared qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor in the subject ‘English’ (say) for Scheduled Tribe (ST) category.||Number of candidates belonging to ST category who have qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor in ‘English’ (say) (×) Total slots available for ST category (÷) Total number of candidates belonging to ST category over all subjects who have qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor.|
The aggregate percentage of the two papers corresponding to the number of slots arrived at, shall determine the qualifying cut-off for Eligibility for Assistant Professor in ‘English’ (say) for the ST category.
Similar yardstick shall be employed for deriving the subject-wise qualifying cut-offs for all categories.
Similar allocation procedure is used for all subjects and categories.
The subject -wise cut-offs for transgender should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD/OBC categories in the corresponding subject. It may be noted that the above qualifying criteria decided by WBCSC is final and binding.
Duration of Exam:-The persons with minimum 40% Disability (Physically Challenged) candidates.
i) Twenty minutes compensatory time shall be provided for Paper – I and forty minutes for Paper – II separately.
ii) The persons with minimum 40% Disability (Physically Challenged) candidates who are not in a position to write in their own hand-writing can also avail the services of scribes. Compensatory time and facility of scribe would not be provided to other Persons with Disability (Physically Challenged) candidates.
iii) The candidate has the discretion of opting for his/her own scribe or has to request the concerned Officer-in-charge of the Test Centre for the same in writing at least one week in advance of the test. In such instances the candidate is allowed to meet the scribe a day before the examination so as to verify whether the scribe is suitable or not. Those candidates who opt for their own scribe have to produce the scribe before the concerned Officer-in-charge of the Test Centre along with his/her certificates of educational qualifications at least one day before the test.
iv) There is no provision of Test Booklets in Braille for visually impaired candidates.
v) The candidates with disability should fill in the percentages and type of disability correctly in the online application form of SET, 2018.
vi) An amount of Rs. 1000/- (Rs. One thousand only) will be paid to the scribe by the Officer-in-charge of the Test Centre on the day of examination for all papers.
Admit Card for SET:
It may be noted that the admit card will be uploaded on the website www.wbcsconline.in in the third week of November, 2018. No Admit Card will be sent to the candidates by post. The candidates should download their Admit Cards from the website to ascertain their venue of the Test as mentioned in the Admit Card and appear in the examination only at the designated examination center. No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination center other than that allotted to him/her in the admit card.
How to Apply:
Candidates should be submitted the application form Online on official website.
Look here below the some important steps for submission of online Application form.
- Candidate seeking admission to the Test (SET, 2018) must apply online only on the WBCSC website.
- Before applying online, the candidates must possess the scanned images as below:
- Passport size photograph in JPG format of minimum 4kb to 40 kb. The dimension of the photograph should be 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). Signature in JPG format of minimum 4kb to 30 kb. The dimension of the signature should be 3.5 cm (width) x 1.5 cm (height).
- After filling all the details for applying online for SET the candidates have to select the option of payment of examination fee either by credit/debit card/internet banking or through e-Challan generated during the online filling of the application form indicating their details therein and follow the process.
- The candidates are required to bring a photo identity card along with their printout of online admit card on the day of examination.
- Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available on WBCSC website www.wbcsconline.in. Please note that Fee submitted through Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
- In order to avoid last minute rush, the candidates are advised to apply early enough. WBCSC will not be responsible for network problems or any other problem of this nature in submission of online application during last days.
Most Important Instruction for Candidates:
- The candidates must read the conditions of eligibility carefully and must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for the Test before filling the online application Form.
- Submission of Online Application is mandatory. Hard copies of application form will not be accepted by WBCSC.
- Application Form must be complete in all respects as per the Notification.
- All incomplete Application Forms will be rejected.
- Applications submitted on any other format will not be accepted.
- Printout of online application (Confirmation Page) should be kept by the candidate for further reference.
- No applications can be submitted after the last date and no fee will be accepted after last date in any circumstances.
- The Candidate should note that their candidature is strictly provisional. The mere fact that Admit Card has been issued and the candidate is allowed to appear in the test shall not imply that the WBCSC has finally accepted his/her candidature.
- WBCSC may change the Centre of examination or date of examination without assigning any reason.
- It may be noted that the Admit Card will be uploaded on the website in the third week of NOVEMBER, 2018. The candidates are requested to ascertain their venue of the test as mentioned in the Admit Card and appear in the examination only at the designated examination center. No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination center other than that allotted to him/her in the Admit Card.
- The candidates are required to bring a photo identity card also along with their printout of online Admit Card on the day of examination. No candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination whose Admit Card is not issued by the WBCSC.
- To ensure fair conduct of examination frisking of the candidates will be done properly at main entry gate of the exam center. The candidates should report at the examination center 1 hr. 30 minutes prior to commencement of examination and cooperate with the invigilators in frisking. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination center/hall after commencement of examination. No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall/room before 10:30 AM in the 1st session and 1:00 PM in the 2nd session.
- The use of calculators or Log Tables is not permitted. Mobile phones, pagers, electronic devices, bits of paper, books/note books etc. are not allowed in the Examination Hall/Room. The candidate(s) found in possession of any of these items in the examination hall/room will be treated as unfairmeans and his/her result will not be declared.
- The candidates have to follow the instructions given by the invigilators in the examination hall/room and should not argue with the invigilators or other staff involved in the examination duty at the examination Centre. The candidates, who will not follow the instructions, will be treated as unfairmeans and his/her result will not be declared.
- In the examination hall/room, the candidates will neither talk to each other nor discuss any matter during the examination. The candidates should not disturb the candidates in the examination room and maintain complete silence during the examination. The candidate violating these instructions will be treated as unfairmeans and his/her result will not be declared.
- Candidates will not be allowed to write any question from the Test Booklet on the Admit Card or on any other paper. xix) There are no negative marks of incorrect answers.
- The candidate shall have to return the OMR Sheet of Paper I & II to the Invigilator before leaving the examination hall/room.
- No TA will be paid to the candidates, on account of appearing at the examination etc..
- Answer keys of all the papers will be displayed on the website www.wbcsconline.in during first week of January, 2019 (the exact dates will be notified later in the website). The feedback of answer keys will be accepted only through e-mail id which will be notified in due course. The WBCSC’s decision on the feedback of answer keys shall be final and the result will be declared on the basis of final answer keys.
- The refund (if any) will be transferred online to the concerned credit/debit card/internet banking account, so the candidates are advised to pay from their own credit/debit card.
- The marks of all the candidates will be uploaded on WBCSC website soon after declaration of result. Besides this, WBCSC will not issue any marks sheet to qualified/non qualified candidates.
- No grievance with regard to answer key(s) after declaration of result of SET, 2018 will be entertained.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
- The decision of the WBCSC shall be final in all matters.
- All legal disputes pertaining to this Test shall fall within the jurisdiction of Calcutta High Court only.
Look the Check List for filling the online Application form:
The candidates are advised to ensure the following points before filling the Online Application forms:
i) Whether they fulfill the eligibility conditions for the Test as prescribed under the heading ‘CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY’.
ii) That they have filled their CATEGORY, viz, GENERAL/OBC (non-creamy layer)/SC/ST/ PwD/Transgender, in the relevant column correctly.
iii) That they have filled their subject and city of examination and code in the relevant columns correctly.
iv) That the Person with Disability (PwD) candidates have filled the relevant column in the online application form. Only PwD candidates have to fill this column and the others have to leave it blank.
v) Whether they have kept a printout of application form (confirmation page) for their own record.
- SUBJECT & SYLLABUS OF TEST
All questions of Paper – II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus of earlier Paper – II & Paper –III (including all electives, without options). Syllabi for all SET subjects can be downloaded from the website www.wbcsconline.in and WBCSC will not send the syllabus to individual candidates.
|20||20||LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE|
|26||26||JOURNALISM & MASS COMMUNICATION|
|28||28||EARTH, ATMOSPHERIC, OCEANOGRAPHY & PLANETARY SCIENCES|
Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only. The candidates, whose post graduation subject is not covered in the above list of subjects may appear in a related subject.
(i) For Mathematical Sciences, candidates having Master’s degree in Mathematics/ Pure Mathematics/Applied Mathematics / Statistics are eligible.
(ii) For Life Sciences, candidates having Master’s Degree in Biological Science/ Botany / Zoology / Animal Science / Microbiology / Molecular Biology / Bio-Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Physiology and other related subjects are eligible.
(iii) For Library Science, candidates having M.Lib./M.LIS. degree are eligible.
(iv) For Physical Education, candidates having M.P.Ed. degree are eligible.
Centres of Examination:
The candidates have to select any Two Centres of their choice for Examination of SET – 2018. The efforts will be made to allot Centre of Examination to the candidates in order of the choice opted by them in their application form. However, in some exceptional circumstances, a different Test Centre of nearby area may be allotted.
|SOUTH 24 PARGANAS||2|
|NORTH 24 PARGANAS||3|
Time Schedule for SET- 2018
Date of Examination on 9th December, 2018
|01||Entry in the Examination Hall||08.00 AM (IST)||10.45 AM (IST)|
|02||Distribution of Test Booklet||09.20 AM(IST)||10.50 AM (IST)|
|03||Seal of the Test Booklet to be broken/ opened to take out the Answer Sheet||09.25 AM(IST)||10.55 AM (IST)|
|04||Last entry in the Examination Hall||09.30 AM (IST)||11.00 AM (IST)|
|05||Test commences||09.30 AM(IST)||11.00 AM (IST)|
|06||Test concludes||10.30 AM (IST)||01.00 PM(IST)|
Candidates look the official website regularly for further information for SET 2018 for the posts of Assistant Professor in Universities and Colleges of West Bengal or here we will be updated the SET 2018.
Click to below link for download the Information Booklet for SET 2018.