West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations – 2017
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) has been declared for admission to different Degree level Courses in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture in Universities, Government Colleges as well as Self Financing Engineering & Technological Institutes in the State of West Bengal for the session 2017-18. Candidates who are looking to apply for West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations 2017 can get complete information from this page below.
Candidates are advised to study the Guidelines of Online Application thoroughly before attempting online application. Any application not in compliance with the conditions specified in the Information Bulletin is liable to be rejected.
Candidates It is the Common Entrance Examination in offline mode (paper based examination) for admission to different Degree Level Courses in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture in Universities, Government Colleges as well as Self Financing Engineering & Technological Institutes in the State of West Bengal.
Admit Card – WBJEE 2017:
- Admit cards will be generated on the notified date for the student to download and take a print. Candidate has to carry to the examination centre a printed hard copy of the admit card.
- Candidates must ensure that the admit card is not mutilated/ distorted/ soiled even by accident. Candidates with such mutilated/ distorted/ soiled admit cards will not be allowed to appear in WBJEE-2017.
- Duplicate admit cards cannot be generated after the examination. Hence, candidates are advised to retain their admit cards carefully in secured place in undamaged condition for all future purpose.
- WBJEEB does not verify the information provided by the candidate during on-line application. Admit cards issued only on the basis of the information provided by the candidate. All applicants who appear to be prima facie eligible will be issued admit cards and shall be provisionally permitted to sit for WBJEE-2017.
- All verifications are done during counseling, admission, registration with the university etc. If at any stage after examination it is found on scrutiny that the applicant is otherwise ineligible, his/her candidature shall be treated as cancelled even if he/she had appeared in and secured a Merit Rank in WBJEE-2017. Appearing in the examination and securing a Rank in the WBJEE-2017 does not constitute a right/guarantee in favour of a candidate for his/her claim for admission.
Important Instruction for Online Application – WBJEE 2017:
01. Application for WBJEE-2017 has to be done online only. There is no printed application form.
02. Ensure that you are filling genuine application form available on line at www.wbjeeb.nic.in
03. Candidates are advised to study the Guidelines of Online Application thoroughly before attempting online application.
04.Do not attempt to make any duplicate application.
05. Do not share your application number; pass word, security question/answer with anyone.
06. Upload scanned copy of photograph, signature and left thumb impression only as described in the Information Bulletin.
07. Once the registration details i.e. name, father’s name, mother’s name and date of birth are entered and submitted, they cannot be changed/modified/edited under normal circumstances. Also the information must match exactly with the school admit cards, mark sheets, certificates, photo identity cards, caste/category certificates etc. which you have to produce to enter the examination hall, during counselling, during admission & during registration with the University.
08. If any information other than name, father’s name, mother’s name and date of birth given in the application need to be corrected then do the correction within the given window period of correction since no correction is possible thereafter.
09. If you receive any SMS/email regarding discrepancy in the photograph/signature/LTI uploaded by you, take corrective action immediately within one day.
10. The amount of application fees to be paid for appearing in the WBJEE-2017 is ₹500 (Rupees five hundred only) plus the Bank’s Service Charges as applicable. The Examination Fees can be paid in cash less mode by ‘Net Banking’/ ‘Debit Card’/ ‘Credit Card’ or in cash using Allahabad Bank e-challan. Payment status is updated online and hence should show ‘OK’ immediately after the payment. But in some rare cases it may be delayed due to the Bank’s network delay/failure or transaction failure at the Electronic Payment Gateway (EPG). If the payment status does not show ‘OK’ immediately after making the payment then the candidates are advised as WBJEE-2017 Information Bulletin Page:,
a) If the payment was made by e-challan, contact the bank branch immediately, where the cash payment was made.
b) If the payment was made by net banking/debit card/credit card, and the transaction failed at EPG, the candidate has to make payment once again.
Do not wait for the last day to make fee payment in order to avoid payment failure by Bank or EPG.
11. Keep copies of confirmation page, admit card in safe custody. It is not possible to generate any duplicate copy.
Filling up of Application Form – WBJEE 2017:
- The candidate will first enter the registration details i.e. Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s name and Date of birth. Be careful while entering the registration details. It cannot be changed/edited/modified under normal circumstances. Also the information must match exactly with the school admit cards, mark sheets, certificates, photo identity cards, caste/category certificates etc. which you have to produce to enter the examination hall, during counselling, during admission and during registration with the University.
a) Any attempt by a candidate to make duplicate registration will be stopped by the system.
b) Thereafter candidates are required to fill up various personal information regarding, Nationality, Religion, Income category, Address, Choice of examination zones, academic detail etc.
c) At the end, the candidate has to choose password and security question/answer.
d) At this stage the candidate can review the entire application and make changes as necessary.
e) The candidate will then be asked to submit the application.
f) Then an application number will be generated and SMS/email will be sent to the candidate.
g) Candidates have to remember password and security question/answer. The system is automatic. There is no way to recover the password if it is lost.
h) It is not possible for any person/agency to change/edit/input any information without knowing the password. Hence candidates must not share their password with anybody. The Board will not be responsible for any change resulting from
sharing/ divulging the password.
i) At this stage candidates may logout or continue to next step.
Correction of application form:
- It is not possible to correct any registration data i.e. Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s name and Date of birth.
- If any candidate intends to correct any other information in his/her application, he/she can do so during the given correction window period using the edit mode. The Board cannot entertain any request for any correction under any circumstances beyond the correction window period.
- Confirmation page, admit card, rank card etc. will be issued with the personal detail as given by the candidate. In case of any problem to the candidate during admission or thereafter due to any mistake committed by him/her, the Board is not in a position to render any help e.g. issuing any letter of correction. The candidate has to take corrective actions at his/ her end with the institute, where he/she takes admission.
- Confirmation Page On successful completion of all the above steps, candidate shall automatically be directed to the option for downloading and printing of the ‘Confirmation Page’ which itself signifies the completion of Online-Submission of Application for WBJEE-2017 and accordingly implies that the candidate’s application is complete and accepted. APPLICATION IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL THE CONFIRMATION PAGE IS GENERATED.
Payment of Examination Fees:
After up-loading of images candidates will be directed automatically to the fee-payment step.
- The Examination Fees can be paid in cash less mode by ‘Net Banking’/ ‘Debit Card’/‘Credit Card’ or in cash using Allahabad Bank e-challan, which will be automatically generated for downloading once the same option is selected. The candidate has to take a print of the challan and deposit the fees in cash in any branch of Allahabad Bank with Core Banking Services (CBS).
- There is no other method of paying the application fee besides the above.
- The amount of Examination Fees The amount of fees to be paid for appearing in the WBJEE-2017 is ₹500 (Rupees five
hundred only) plus the Bank’s Service Charges as applicable.
- The fee once paid is not refundable under any circumstances.
Mode of Examination – West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination-2017:
- It is the Common Entrance Examination in offline mode (paper based examination) for admission to different Degree Level Courses in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture in Universities, Government Colleges as well as Self Financing Engineering & Technological Institutes in the State of West Bengal.
Subjects of Examination- WBJEE 2017:
The “WBJEE-2017” will be on Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
Two papers of examinations will be there.
Paper-I – Mathematics and ‘
Paper-II – Physics & Chemistry combined.
1. For admission to any Engineering/Technology/Architecture Course appearing in both Paper-I and Paper-II is compulsory.
2. For admission to Pharmacy Course of the Jadavpur University, appearing in both Paper-I and Paper-II is compulsory.
3. For admission to any Pharmacy Course other than that of the Jadavpur University, appearing in mathematics is not compulsory. Score in ‘Physics + Chemistry’ (paper-II) only shall be considered.
4. Students appearing in both Paper-I and Paper-II are also eligible for admission to Pharmacy course.
Schedule of WBJEE-2017
|Paper/ Subject||Time schedule|
|Paper-I (Mathematics)||11:00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.|
|Paper-II (Physics & Chemistry)||2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
Pattern of Question Papers in WBJEE-2017:
Questions will be based on the Syllabus for WBJEE-2017 as given in APPENDIX – 7. In every subject, all questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type, with four options against each of the questions. There will be three categories of questions in each of the subjects. The number of questions as well as maximum marks for each are stated as per the following table:
|No. of Questions||No. of Questions||No. of Questions|
Mode of answering in the examination:
- Questions are to be answered on specially designed optical machine readable response (OMR) sheet, which will be evaluated by the method of Optical Mark Recognition by specially designed machines only and therefore it is very important to follow the correct method of marking.
- There will be four alternative answers for each question. Candidate will indicate response to the questions by darkening the appropriate circle completely with blue/black ball point pen.
- Any other kind of marking e.g. filling the bubble incompletely, filling with pencil, cross mark, tick mark, dot mark, circular mark, over writing, scratching, erasing, white ink, marking outside the bubble etc. may lead to wrong/partial/ambiguous reading of the response. WBJEEB will be, in no way, responsible for such eventuality.
- Response marking cannot be edited/changed/erased/modified. Hence it is advised that the candidate should be sure about the answer before marking and should not put any stray mark on which he/she does not want to attempt.
Eligibility criteria for appearing in the WBJEE-2017:
- Citizenship: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Age Restriction:
(i) The lower age limit is 17 (seventeen) years as on 31.12.2017. There is no upper age limit in appearing in the WBJEE-2017. A candidate born on or after 01.01.2000 is not eligible to appear in the WBJEE-2017.
(ii) However, for admission to the degree level Marine Engineering Course The lower age limit is 17 (seventeen) years as on 31.12.2017 and the upper age limit is 25 Years as on 31.12.2017.
Uploading of images:
At this stage the candidate is required to upload scanned images of his/her recent colour photograph, signature and left thumb impression (LTI) all in one go. Essential features of the photograph
a) The Photograph must be taken on or after 01.12.2016.
b) It should be taken in professional studio. Low quality photograph by Mobile Phone or self composed portraits is not acceptable and may likely to be rejected.
c) Background of the photograph must be of very light colour.
d) The face of the candidate should occupy at least 50% of the entire space for photograph looking straight to the camera.
e) Spectacles of dark or tinted glasses are not acceptable.
f) The photograph must match with the candidates’ appearance during the examination.
g) Copy of same photograph need to be produced for entering the examination centre, during counseling, admission, registration with the university etc. Format, storage size and physical dimension of the images must be as under:
|Photograph||JPEG||10 kb to 100 kb||3.5cm x 4.5cm|
|Signature||JPEG||3 kb to 30 kb||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
|Left hand thumb
|JPEG||3 kb to 30 kb||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
Click for West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations – 2017 Information Bulletin
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) was constituted in the year 1962 by the State Government of West Bengal, in exercise of the powers conferred under article 162 of the Constitution of India in pursuant to No. 828-Edn(T),
dated 02.03.1962 for the purpose of conducting Joint Entrance Examination for admission to various institutions in West Bengal imparting education in medical, engineering and technological courses.
The endeavour of the Board has always been directed towards enhancement of transparency in conducting Common Entrance Examinations for various professional Undergraduate and Postgraduate level courses in the State through effective state-ofthe-
art technology. The Board has been awarded the status of Statutory Body enacted vide ‘West Bengal
Act XIV of 2014’ named as ‘The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board Act, 2014’.
The Board is empowered to conduct common, combined, competitive, entrance examinations for admission to the Undergraduate Professional and Vocational Courses in any College or in any University in the State of West Bengal.
The Online application and allotment through e–Counselling is operational for the undergraduate level Engineering and Medical courses of the State effectively since 2012. For the academic session of 2017–18, the Board will conduct the Common Entrance Examination for admission to Undergraduate Courses in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture Courses in Universities, Government Colleges and Self Financed Institutes in the State.