West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC)has invited application for recruitment for the post of assistant professor in state aided degree colleges of West Bengal.
Assistant Professor Recruitment – 2018
Applications are invited from Indian citizens and such other nationals agitated eligible by government of India for recruitment to the following post. Assistant professor in the following subjects in different state added college general Degree College in West Bengal.
All the subjects are given below.
Anthropology, Arabic, BBA BCA, Bengali, Biochemistry, Botany, Chemistry, Commerce communicative English, Computer science, Defence studies, economics, education, Electronics or electronic science, English, environmental science, fine arts, film studies, food and nutrition, Geography, geology, Hindi, history, Human Development, Human Rights, industrial chemistry, industrial fish and fisheries, journalism and Mass Communication, Law, Mathematics, Microbiology, molecular biology and Biotechnology, music and dance, Nepali, Persian, philosophy, physical education, physics, physiology, plant protection, political science, psychology, Sanskrit, Santali, sociology, statistics, Tibet, Urdu, women studies and geology.
Candidates should apply online through the official website www.wbcsconline.in only.
|01||Commencement of online application on||1st August, 2018|
|02||Last date of online application||31st August 2018|
The vacancy calculation shall be done in accordance with the terms laid down in the West Bengal College Service Commission manner of selection of persons of appointment to the posts of assistant professors, principles and Liberians and Re recommendation of assistant professor regulations 2012.
The vacancy cut off date and exact number of all vacancies subject wise category wise and college wise will be notified before publication of the merit panel.
The commissions responsibility age restricted to the accurate completion of vacancies are reported by colleges and the commission is not a source responsible for any error in reporting of vacancies from the end of colleges. the commission will not be responsible for absence of vacancy under any category of any subject for non receipt of requisition from any state added college.
The minimum eligibility conditions contained in this advertisement advertisement are governed by the provisions of the West Bengal Government memorandum number 727-Edn(CS)/8R-01/10 dated 26/06/2018. the commission, however, can introduce additional parameters in order to select candidates of higher merit comma as laid down in the above-mentioned regulation, therefore, mere possession of eligibility does not confirm any right to an applicant to be selected or empanelled.
Selection and Recommendation:
The eligible candidates will be called for interview for selection. However, the commission may, at its discretion, call for interview of shortlisted applicants after preliminary selection on the basis of qualifications.(MP or equivalent, HS or equivalent, UG, PG and M Phil/PhD,NET/SET.
Recommendations I’ll be done on the basis of merit come pick her assistant of counselling, please refer to the point number 3 in the information and instruction section for the purpose of counselling, merit reference to the rank in the provisional merit panel empanelled will not confer any right to a candidate to be recommended.
Scale of pay:
Rupees 15600 to 39100 plus academic grade pay of Rupees 6000/-
Qualifications for recruitment of assistant professor in different subjects:
- Assistant professor:-arts, Humanities science, social science, commerce, education, languages, La, journalism and Mass Communication.
- consistently good academic record with at least 55% mark or an equivalent grade in a point scale horrible grading system is followed at the master degree level in a relevant subject along with relaxation applicable to specified categories as explained in proviso 1 to this rules.the candidates must have cleared the national eligibility test net conducted by the UGC or CSIR or similar test accredited by UGC and conducted by concerned state government like Slate or set along with exceptions to a specified categories as explained in proviso-2 to this rule.
Assistant professor for music performing arts, visual arts and other traditional Indian art forms like sculpture-
Music and dance discipline:
- consistently good academic record with at least 55% mark or an equivalent grade in a point scale Iowa grading system is followed at the master’s degree level in 11th subject along with illustrations applicable to specified categories as explained in proviso-1 to this rules.
the candidate must have cleared the national Eligibility Test net conducted by the UGC CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC and conducted by concern state government light select all set alarm with illustrations applicable to specified categories As given in proviso-2 of this rules.
Age of Candidate:-
- The upper age limit is 37 (thirty-seven years) on the 1st January of the year of the advertisement and relaxable up to 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC category (non-creamy layer) candidates for the post of Assistant Professor. Differently-abled candidates (except in the post of Physical Education) are entitled to an age relaxation of 10 years. Age relaxation of 5 years is available to the candidates possessing Doctorate Degree.
- For the Approved Part-time Teachers (PTTs) and approved Contractual Whole-time Teachers (CWTTs) as defined in the WBCSC Act, 2012, the upper age limit for applying to the post of Assistant Professor is 47 (forty seven) years on the 1st January of the year of Advertisement, subject to the same principles and quantum of relaxation as mentioned above in clause 5 (i), which will be counted from the base level of 47 years for these two categories of candidates (approved PTTs & CWTTs).
- Exceptionally qualified over-aged candidates having Ph. D Degree, with evidence of significant post-doctoral research work, may be called for the interview at the discretion of the WBCSC only in the rarest cases. But their recruitment will depend on the condonation of overage by the State Government on case-to-case basis, purely on merit, normally not exceeding one percent of the total number of candidates of concerned panel, rounded off to the next whole number.
Proficiency spoken and written in the medium of instruction in the concerned institution as received by the wbcsc in the requisition where to be required.
G extend rule regarding reservation of posts issued by the state government from time to time that is AC for 22 person St for 6 person OBC a 10% OBC B 7% , differently abled 3% (at least 40 person disability is required to avail of the reservation opportunity).
Application fee and mode of payment:
Fee rupees1500 for general candidates or rupees 750 for SC, ST, OBC differently abled candidates. the candidates may pay the application fee either by credit card or debit card or internet banking or through is channel generated during the Online submission of the application form. in case of E-challan, the payment should be made at any branch of the United Bank of India in India bank charges rupees 48 including GST. in case the application fee is paid through credit card or debit card or internet banking the additional processing charges as following will be debited from the credit card or debit card or bank account of the candidate.
Credit card: 1.20% of application fee plus the service tax as applicable.
Debit card: Nil.
Applicants with great power grid points should write the percentage equivalent accounting to the formula used by their board or universities. As great for grade points are typically associated with the interval off marks, the exact midpoint of the relevant interval should be considered by the purpose, very bad where ever applicable see the FAQ sections for guidance.
It is the responsibility of the applicant’s to obtain the necessary certification from the airport or universities in support of their claims they will be required to justify the percentage equivalent claimed by them at the time of interview and tell her to do so main event lead to cancellation of their candidature or calculation of the percentage equivalent by the commission itself by whatever method it considers responsible, including the methodology suggested in this regard by the University Grant Commission in its. Resolutions on minimum qualification of appointment of teacher and other Academy stop in universities and colleges and measures for the maintenance of standards in higher education 2010 number complaints in that regard will be entertained at any later stage.
* Candidates applying in subjects in which they do not obtain their Masters or graduation or insert degree are advised to bring the documents in support of relevance/ Alliedness of the discipline issued by the appropriate bodies of the concerned university.
* The recommendations procedure will be based on the simple meritcum preference system of counselling. For father details regarding the recommendation process, West Bengal College Service Commission Manna of selection and Recommendation of persons for appointment to the posts of assistant professor, principles and librarians and Recommendation of persons for appointment to the post of Assistant Professor relation 2012 as amended from time to time may be consulted from the Commission website.
- The cut off dates for all items qualification and experience including Publication Shall be 31st August, 2018 age of candidates, however, as mentioned in claws 6, shall be calculated on 1st January, 2018.
The benefit of reservation of vacancies and age or mark illustration relaxation for SC ST and OBC candidates are admissible only to SC ST and OBC candidates of West Bengal benefits for the candidates with disabilities will be available only on candidates with divisibility of 40% and above only.
Particular and certificates required (only self attested photocopy)
• a candidate claiming to B SC ST OBC for differently abled must have a certificate in support of his or her claim from a competent authority as specified.
*Age proof certificate.
all qualification related certificate.
Experience certificate from competitive government approved and part time teachers must submit concerned government order and certificate from the principal or teacher in charge or governing body president of their respective colleges authenticating they are status and tunure as approved CWTT/PTT.
For other nationals declared eligible by the government of India recruitment, a certificate to that effect from the competent authority.
certificate from university or board etc. regarding percentage equivalent and certificate from University regarding complaints with UGC 2009 regulations.
Candidates must show the certificate original during the interview.
All applications must be made online candidates are advised to create a mail ID of their own so that information can be sent to them from time to time in a paperless mode.
Applicants may pay the fees either by credit card or debit card or internet banking or through e challan generated after successful registration who is Dr. name and registration number free printed in case of E-challan payment should be made at any branch of UBI in India and the candidate must e retain the bank challan. please note that there will be a log off at least two banking days between generation of challan and UBI acceptance of the application fees candidates will be able to see payment status only after a log off at least two banking days after depositing the fees.
- The printout of the online submitted application form along with self attested photocopies of all relevant documents to be submitted on the date of interview.
Special instruction all applicants for the post of assistant professor in law:
Look the official guide for updates instruction files.
Candidates are required to satisfy themselves that they fulfill the basic eligibility conditions regarding the following items
Citizenship as specified at the very beginning of the advertisement.
Age as specified under clause-5.
Qualification as specified under closest home 4 what difference subject with all relevant Notes.
Language requirement as specified under clause-6
How to Apply:
Candidates should apply only online through www.wbcsconline.in (Hard Copy of application will not be received).
1. Before applying, please be ready with scanned images of your photograph and signature (see the instruction on photo/signature upload).
2. A valid e-mail ID and Mobile Number are mandatory for registration and email ID should be kept active for further communication at least till the counseling process is over. You are advised to read instruction and “How To Apply” carefully and then fill the online application form with utmost care as no correspondence regarding changes / modifications will be entertained later.
You are first required to visit the above-mentioned website where following information are available:
ii. How To Apply
iii. Important dates
iv. Guide to Online Registration
After going through above information, please click on “Apply Now” tab
3. The “Guide to Online Registration” shows each step to be followed. Perform the steps one by one to complete your online registration process. It’s a sequential process where the next step will only get activated after successful completion of the previous step. Therefore, please complete each step carefully and validate your candidature.
4. Please enter your details in the correct place and while entering data,
Please follow the sequence:-
(Exam Details >
Personal Details >
Academic Details >
Experience Details >
Upload Documents) of the registration form to get better output.
Once each of the tabs in the form is filled up, and Upload Photograph & Signature, then, please save your details by clicking “Submit” (To upload your photograph and signature, please follow the instructions and procedure given below). After submitting you will be able to preview the details of what you’ve entered so far. Please verify the correctness/quality of images and tick out declaration and go to the main page and click on ‘Preview’. If the details entered by you are correct, click on “Apply”.
5. Otherwise close the ‘Tab’ and Click on “Save” to modify your details and perform the action as mentioned in point 4.
6. Once you click on “Submit” (this submission explicitly indicates that no further changes/modification will be allowed), the system will ask you to preview your application form and apply for final submission. You will get a Registration Number and a Password for you. Please note the same for future references. The system will also send an email indicating your password. (So, be careful while entering your email id during filling up online application form)
- You are now a registered candidate. The system will immediately show you three options – “PAY NOW”, “DOWNLOAD CHALLAN” and “PAY LATER & EXIT”. In case you wish to pay later, please visit the website www.wbcsconline.in again and login with your registration Number and password to follow the instruction step wise.
Step 1: Pay Now / Download Challan.
Step 2: Check Payment Status.
Step 3: Download Complete Application for Future Reference.
Mode of Fee Payment:
Clicking on ‘Pay Now’, you will be directed to a page where three options would be available which are Credit Card, Debit Card and Internet Banking. Please check your application fees and for payment choose either of the ‘Mode’.
I. Off Line Mode: A copy of the payment Challan will be displayed. Take a print-out of the Challan and pay in cash in United Bank of India. However, you will have to wait for at least two banking days (after generation of challan) before the Bank accepts your payment. Payment will be accepted in any branch of United Bank of India in India only after a lag of at least two banking days.
Collect the candidate’s copy of the fee payment Challan from the Branch. Please check that the Challan is properly signed and the necessary details like Branch Name, Transaction Number and deposit date have been noted in the challan by the Branch authorities.
The payment status of a candidate will be updated after two banking days of making the payment. Please visit your page (using your Registration number and Password again) to see the payment status.
II. Online Mode: There would be three options in online payment mode which are Credit Card, Debit Card and Internet Banking. Applicant will be redirected to third party payment gateway with the requisite amount to pay. After completion of payment it will be again redirected to www.wbcsconline.in with a transaction id and transaction status. If transaction status is successful, applicant may login into the website again to check the updated payment status. If amount is debited from the bank account/card and transaction is not successful, applicant needs to wait two banking days to verify payment status again in the website.
- The online application process becomes complete only after the payment status shows that the requisite fees have been paid. If, even after five days of making the payment, your page shows a “Pending” status, get in touch with us at the following mail id email@example.com.
- After completing the online application, candidates should take a print out of the application form. The printout, along with self-attested photocopies of all relevant documents pertaining to the eligibility, qualification, experience, research & publication and the receipt of the Bank challan (if fees paid in offline mode) etc. are to be produced on the date of the interview at the Commission’s office (under no circumstances such documents will be received after the date of the interview).
10 The certificates/documents will be verified during the interview. All original certificates/documents etc. in support of claim(s) made by the candidates, as per Notification, should be produced during the interview and even at other times, as and when required by the Commission, failing which the candidature may be rejected.
Candidates are advised at their own interest to apply on-line well in before the closing date and not to wait till the last date for depositing the fee to avoid the possibility of link-related problems. The WBCSC does not bear any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reason or for any other reason beyond the control of the WBCSC.
In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, they should create a new one before applying on-line.
Since certain fields are firm, fixed and cannot be edited, candidates are requested to fill in the online application form with utmost care as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained. A ‘preview’ option has been provided which should be carefully utilized before one finally ‘submits’ the application.
For any clarification/queries regarding technology-related issues, eligibility, qualification etc. send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note, that it may take 2/3 days to answer the query. Instruction on Photo/Signature Upload
Before applying online, a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below.
I. Photograph Image:
* Photograph must be a recent passport style colour picture.
* Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
* Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
* Size of file should be within 30kb.
* Size of file should be more than 5kb.
II. Signature Image:
* The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink/Ballpoint pen.
* Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
* Size of file should be within 30kb.
* Size of file should be more than 5kb.
Scanning the photograph & signature:
A. The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01.jpg or image01.jpeg. Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon.
B. Candidates using MS Windows/MS Office can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 30 KB respectively by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using ‘Save As‘ option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 20KB(photograph) & 10KB(signature) by using crop and then resize option (Please see point (I) & (II) above for the pixel size) in the ‘Image’ menu. Similar options are available in other photo editors also.
C. If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his photograph and signature.
Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature:
There will be two separate browse buttons for uploading Photograph and Signature.
Click on the respective buttons “Upload Photograph / Signature”.
Browse and Select the location where the Scanned Photograph / Signature file has been saved.
Select the file by clicking on it.
- Click the ‘Upload Files’ button.
- Check whether the correct photo and signature have been uploaded. If ‘yes’, then click on ‘Close’ button. If ‘not’, please select your correct photo and signature.
- After the photo and signature are successfully uploaded, go back to the Main page. Also see instructions in this regard Please mail us to email@example.com
Candidates look the instruction carefully before filling the application form online through official website only.
01. How to Apply
02. Application FAQ.