Raiganj University PG Admission for the session 2018-2020.
The Raiganj University has invited applications from the interested and eligible candidates for admission to the various Post Graduate Courses for the academic session 2018-2020 in Day Shift and Evening Shift. Candidates can get the Application form for admission to Post Graduate Courses through online at the admission portal or official website of Raiganj University. Candidates gets more important information about admission form, Fees, important dates, PG Courses in Day Shift, PG Courses in Evening Shift etc. from this page below.
Admission Notification for Post Graduate Courses 2018-2020 – Raiganj University.
Raiganj University has conducted the Post Graduate Courses in two shift.
- Day Shift
- Evening Shift
PG Courses (Evening Shift) – Self Financing Mode:
The evening shift classes start at 5 PM on every working day and continues upto 8 PM. Empanelment for a particular shift does not confer the right to get admission in another shift. The students got admitted in Self-Financing Courses, will not be entitled to claim any concession in fees etc. The eligibility criteria will remain the same both for subsidised and under self-financing mode of admission.
1. The eligible candidates require to apply separately to get admitted under the self financing mode with a payment of Rs. 700/- online. A candidate may opt exclusively to undergo the course under self-financing mode.
2. The merit list for the evening shift will be prepared separately independent of the subsidised day shift course.
- The candidates applied both for subsidised and under self-financing mode, the merit list will be prepared with the following issues taking into consideration.
a).The marks obtained by the applicant in the entrance examination.
b).In case of tie, preference will be given to the RGU applicants with due weightage given to the UG Honours. Marks and so on.
- No provision is there for switching from the course from self- financing to subsidised courses even if any vacancy is created in the subsidised course.
Important Information – Evening Shift (Self-Financing Mode) for M.A. / M.Sc. Courses:
Presently, the evening shift courses running in Raiganj University are as under-
MSc. Courses on – Mathematics, Geography
MA Courses on– Bengali, English
Eligible Criteria for Evening Shift for M.A./ M.Sc. Courses:
1.All the candidates passed the UG Honours Course from the Raiganj University in the respective Course are eligible to apply for the self- financing courses. However, the students appeared in the Final Exam with back papers in Pass subjects applying for the admission are required to submit the Passed Mark-sheet by 31st August, 2018, failing which will lead to the cancellation of the admission.
2. Reservation of seats will be as per the Government Rules.
3.The minimum marks required for admission through Open Competition (40% seat) is as follows:
Arts & Commerce: 45% marks in Honours. (for Gen. Candidates): 40% marks in Honours. (for SC / ST./ PwD / OBC-A/ OBC-B Candidates)
Science: 50% marks in Honours. (for Gen. Candidates): 45% marks in Honours. (for SC / ST/ PwD / OBC-A / OBC-B Candidates)
No. of Seats of Evening Shift (Self-Financing Courses) for M.A./ M.Sc. Courses:
- Bengali (Evening Shift)- 50 seats
- English (Evening Shift)- 50 seats.
- Geography (Evening Shift)- 30 seats.
- Mathematics (Evening Shift)- 35 seats.
Schedule of Events for PG Admission 2018 OF RGU
- Commencement of Admission Process online- 22.06.2018
- Last date of submission of Application Form (online) (Except for MBA, LL.M)-02.07.2018
- Editing (For all the Applicants)- 03.07.2018.
Admission Process for RGU Students (60% of the seats)
04. Publication of Provisional Merit List (RGU applicants only) – 03.07.2018
05. Publication of the Merit List (RGU Students 60% of the seats – 4th July, 2018.
Admission process for Students appeared for Open seats (40% of the seats):
- Downloading the Admit Card for the Entrance Test(Applicants from other Universities)-6th to 8th July, 2018 till 11AM.
- Downloading the Admit Card for the Entrance Test(Applicants from RGU)- 6th July, from 6 PM to 8th July, 2018, 11 AM.
- Date of Entrance test for the students applied under open quota- 8th July, 2018 (Sunday)(12- 2 PM)
- Publication of the Merit List for the open seats (40%) – 10th July, 2018 5 PM.
- Date for Online Counselling & Admission:1st Online Counseling Date of Admission- 11th July, 2018 from 10 AM to 6AM of the very next day.
- Date for Online Counselling & Admission: 2nd Online Counseling Date of Admission- 12th July, 2018 from 10 AM to 6AM of the very next day.
- Date for Documents verification- 13th July, 2018 from 11am to 1pm to the respective academic department.
- Date for Online Counselling & Admission (As per the decision of the Admission Committee). 3rd Online Counseling & Date of Admission (For vacant seats if any)- 14th July, 2018 from 10 AM to 6AM of the very next day.
- 21. Date for Documents verification- 16th July, 2018 from 11am to 1pm to the respective academic department.
- 22. Commencement of Classes (For Day section except for LLM & MBA)- 16. 07. 2018.
Important Instruction for Applicants:
- Payment is required to be made only at the time of admission of particular semester.
- Admission will be treated as cancelled if any candidate fails to appear for document verification on the stipulated date and time or fail to produce the relevant original documents required for admission confirmation.
- Empanelment for a particular shift does not confer the right to get admission in another shift.
- The students got admitted in Self- Financing Courses, will not be entitled to claim any concession in fees etc.
- Forms sent by post will not be entertained.
- Selection will be made as per university admission rules.
- The University offers the Sports Quota. The University Sports Board reserves the right to recommend the candidates to fill the same.
- Commencement of Classes: 16th July, 2018 (Except for LLM, MBA and MA, MSc. under self- financing courses).
- For additional information, latest updates, visit the official website of University www.raiganjuniversity.ac.in regularly.
Important Dates for MA / MSc (Self- financing Courses):
|01||Publication of Provisional Merit List & Date of Editing||16th July, 2018 after 6 PM|
|02||Publication of Final Merit List||17th July, 2018 6 PM|
|03||Date for Online Counselling & Admission 1st Online Counseling Date of Admission||18th July, 2018|
|04||2nd Online Counseling Date of Admission||19th July, 2018|
|05||Date of verification of documents||20th July, 2018|
|06||Commencement of Classes (For Evening section)||21. 07. 2018|
MBA Course – Raiganj University:
|01||Last date for submission of Admission Forms||15th July, 2018|
|02||.Written Entrance Test||19th July, 2018|
|03||Personal Interview||20th July, 2018|
|04||Publication of Merit List||23rd July, 2018|
|05||Date of Admission||24th July, 2018|
|06||Commencement of Classes||1st August, 2018|
Important information for PG Admission in Raiganj University 2018-20 (Day Shift):
The Raiganj University is inviting the applications from the interested and eligible candidates for admission to the following Post Graduate Courses for the academic session 2018- 20. For filling up the Application Form please visit the online portal of the website of Raiganj University: www.raiganjuniversity.ac.in. All information for PG Admission in Raiganj University 2018-20 (Day Shift) are available here.
Click to Information Brochure for PG Admission in Raiganj University 2018-20 (Day Shift)
Application form for admission to Post Graduate Courses is available only through online at the admission portal of Raiganj University on payment of requisite fees.
A. An Application Fee of Rs. 700/- for each subject will have to be paid online.
B. Applicants submitting additional forms in Allied Subjects, will have to pay additional amount Rs. 700/- through online mode for each additional form from the official website of Raiganj University www.raiganjuniversity.ac.in.
Click to link for Information Brochure for PG Admission in Raiganj University 2018-20 (Evening Shift).
Raiganj University PG Admission for the session 2018-2020.