NIMHANS Entrance Exam 2017
NIMHANS Online Applications are invited for Admission to various courses for the Academic Year 2017 – 2018. Candidates who are eligible for apply for Application into various courses in NIMHANS. Candidates can apply online through the official website page. All candidates can apply for a maximum of three courses only.
NIMHANS has been declared as an Institute of National Importance vide Government of India Gazette Notification dated 14.9.2012. As per the Act, NIMHANS does not come under the purview of any of the statutory councils, namely, Medical Council of India, Indian Nursing Council or Rehabilitation Council of India. Number of seats for different courses notified in this prospectus will not be increased under any circumstance.
The Institute reserves the right to modify/change the contents of this prospectus without prior notice.
NIMHANS Online Applications Form 2017
Candidates who are interested and eligible can apply through Online from official link provided below before the last date of application submission. Candidates must follow the instruction and ensure their eligibility and other criteria before filling the online application form.
Applicants can click the Direct link of official page for Online Application for NIMHANS 2017
The Online application form involves the following process:
- Basic details
- Eligibility details
- Uploading of photograph, signature and documents
- Print of abstract
Candidates Look here for Signature and photograph upload guideline
NIMHANS Online Applications Form 2017 Instruction:
1. Online Applications to be filled in Block Letters only.
2. The declaration form should be downloaded, filled, signed, scanned and uploaded. This
declaration form is mandatory.
3. UPLOAD COPIES OF ALL CERTIFICATES IN SUPPORT OF CLAIMS MADE.
4. Employees of the State/Central Government or Public Sector Undertaking of State/Central Government must send hard copy of their application through their employer in addition to On-line application. The Sponsorship/Deputation certificate should be downloaded, filled, signed, scanned and uploaded after duly filling the same with the signature of the employer
5. Applicants from Foreign Universities/Countries must submit hard copy of their applications through proper channel in addition to On-line application.
6. MBBS degree from a recognized University or from any other University recognized as equivalent thereto by NIMHANS and by the Medical Council of India. The candidate should have completed compulsory rotation internship of one year after MBBS or its equivalent as recognized by Medical Council of India on or before the date of commencement of course. A certificate to that effect has to be produced. The candidate should have permanent registration with State Medical Council. Candidates who do not submit the certificate of completion of internship on the day of admission to the course will not be admitted under any circumstance. Candidates who have MD/MS/DNB/DPM from a recognized University or from any other University recognized as equivalent thereto by NIMHANS and by the Medical Council of India may apply for the course. However, Candidates who are awaiting the results may also appear for the entrance test subject to production of proof of having passed the examination on or before the date of admission to the course.
7. In case of non-medical courses, candidates who have appeared for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results, may also apply. However, such candidates will be eligible to appear for the counseling/ interview only if they produce the proof of having passed the examination in writing.
8. Income applications, applications not submitted online and applications without attachments will be rejected without any intimation.
9. Candidates eligible to take the Entrance Test should download their e-Hall Tickets which will be posted on the website. The Hall Tickets will not be sent by post.
10. The application fee is Rs.1500/- per course for General candidates and Rs.1000/- per course for SC/ST candidates for each course.
11. Payment can be made only using any Credit/Debit cards and/or online transfer. Other mode of payment including Demand Draft will not be accepted at any cost.
12. A Candidate can apply for a maximum of three (3) courses only provided they are eligible.
13. Applications will be available online from 1st to 31st January 2017 only.
14. NO hard copy should be sent. All the copies of documents have to be uploaded along with the application.
15. Candidates called for counselling/interview will have to carry a hard copy of the application abstract along with 6 copies of the certificates in addition to the Originals
Important Dates NIMHANS-2017:
|01||Date of Commencement of On-Line registration of Application||01/01/2017|
|02||Date of Closure of registration||31/01/2017|
|Online Fee Payment (both dates inclusive)||(both dates inclusive)|
Session – 1
Ph.D, Superspeciality, Post Doctoral , Post Graduate Post Graduate Diploma Courses
|01||Advertisement regarding admission||1st January 2017|
|02||Online availability of application forms||1st January 2017|
|03||Last date for online submission of application||31st January 2017|
|04||Online entrance test||25th & 26th March 2017|
|05||Date of interview & counselling||1st week of June 2017|
|07||Commencement of courses||1st July 2017|
|08||Last date for admission||7th July 2017|
COURSES OFFERED 2017–18
The following courses are offered at the institute in the academic year 2017-18
|01||Ph.D Degree in Clinical Psychology||03 Seats|
|02||Ph.D Degree in Neurophysiology||02 Seats|
|03||Ph.D Degree in Psychiatric Social Work||01 Seat|
|04||Ph.D Degree in Speech Pathology & Audiology||01 Seat|
|05||Ph.D Degree in Mental Health Rehabilitation||02 Seats|
|06||Ph.D in Clinical Neurosciences||05 Seats|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Apply
1. What should I do if there is lot of delay in accessing the page?
Speed for Registration of On-Line Application on Internet, is based on various factors like Internet
Speed, large number of applicants trying to register the application at the same time etc. Therefore
if you are not able to get the pages for registration immediately, please retry after a gap of 15
minutes or during off-peak hours during the night.
2. How do I know that my application is registered?
Successful Registration is indicated by the Page displayed after clicking the Submit Button
indicating the generated “REGISTRATION NO.” and “PASSWORD”. Please note down the same
carefully and preserve it. If you do not preserve it, you will not be able to Re-Print the Application
and download the Call Letter.
3. I did not receive the email intimation for registration of my application?
“REGISTRATION NO.” and “PASSWORD” are also sent by auto-response Confirmation emails.
Delivery of these emails purely depends upon the correctness of E-Mail ID provided, Policy of your
E-Mail Service Provider to accept and Divert such emails under Bulk or Spam Mails or bounce
back such mails without accepting it due to heavy number of emails generated by our Applications.
In case of Govt./official /company Email Ids, delivery is controlled by your Company Policies.
Therefore, please do not expect replies from us, if you do not receive such confirmation / autoresponse
4. How do I re-confirm that my application is saved?
In case of doubt about the successful Registration, candidates are advised to visit the Page for Re-
Print of Application, generate the Printout and preserve the soft copy and hard copy (printout) of the
5. I got Blank / Zero Registration No. after submission of application on-line?
In rare cases Candidates may get Zero (0) Registration No. with valid Password. Candidates are
advised to Re-Register the Application and check the Printout through Re-Print Application.
6. After filling up the complete form, I got Blank Screen / Internet got disconnected / My PC closed
/ hanged / shutdown. Is my application saved / registered?
Please refer to Point No.4. If you do not get the application printout through Re-Print option, your
application is not saved. Please re-apply.
7. I did not receive the acknowledgement / reply to my email communication?
“Reply to” Email Id for the Application is created for the convenience of the Candidates for genuine
communications. Please do not use this address to send back the emails for “Acknowledgment”,
“Vacation Mail”, “Friendship Offers”, “Sales Offers” etc. Our Email Server is configured to delete
such emails automatically.
8. What details should I retain while replying to auto-response emails?
While writing back by replying the confirmation emails for genuine problem, please retain the text
containing “REGISTRATION NO.” and “PASSWORD” details on the email.
9. What details should I provide while writing for the problem?
Please do not forget to provide following details while writing to us: (1) REGISTRATION NO. (2)
DATE OF BIRTH & (3) FULL NAME as entered in application. In case of application failure or
any error message, we would like to have the screenshot of the error in JPG, GIF format or as MS
Word file. Additionally, you may provide the PC Details including the Operating System (like
Windows XP, Vista, Linux etc.) & Internet Browser & version (like Internet Explorer 6.0, Mozilla
3.0, Firefox 3.5 etc.) used.
10. I want to change / correct the details I entered in the Application?
Please choose the ‘EDIT’ option to correct the details. Please note that you can modify details only
upto 5 times. If you have used 5 chances for corrections, please reapply before the closure of
application date as per advertisement. Please remember to take fresh print out after modifying any
11. How will I know the amount to be remitted towards application fee?
The amount to be remitted towards application fee depends on whether you are a UR or SC/ST
candidate. You can make the payment online using credit/debit cards or online payment from the
bank. The total amount to be remitted will be displayed on payment window of the online
12. How many courses can I apply for?
Depending on eligibility, a candidate can apply for a maximum of three (3) courses only.
13. Can I apply for more than one course in the same form?
You should use single application for applying for a maximum of three (3) courses.
14. Can I add extra courses after the submission of the application form?
No. You cannot add extra course after submission of the form. NIMHANS will not take the
responsibility if you are not accommodated for multiple entrance tests if you have submitted more than one online application form.
15. In case of MBBS qualification, can I apply even if my internship will complete after the date of entrance test?
Yes, you can apply if your internship will complete on or before the date of commencement of
course. You should also have permanent registration with State Medical council.
16. In case of PG qualification, can I apply even if my results are not available as on the date of entrance test?
Yes, you can apply subject to production of proof of having passed the examination on or before the date of admission to the course.
17. Is there any age criterion?
There is no age criterion for Non-medical courses. Howver, for Superspeciality and medical there
is age limit. Age should not be more than 32 years for MBBS degree holders and 35 for PG
medical degree holders. Age is relaxable by a maximum of 5 years in the case of SC/ST candidates
and by a maximum of 3 years for OBC candidates as on the date of commencement of courses. Age
should not be more than 45 years as on the date of commencement of courses in case of sponsored/
18. As a MBBS candidate, can I apply for non-medical courses also?
Yes, a candidate will MBBS qualification can apply for non-medical courses also, provided MBBS
is a qualifying subject for that course.
19. What are the attachments should I upload while filling the application?
Based on your caste, date of birth, sponsorship/deputation, etc., you will get a screen whre you
upload the certificates. There are few mandatory fields and rest are optional.
20. The agreegate marks should be given only for final year?
In case of MBBS, the aggregate of final years Part II only should be given. In case of non-medical
courses, all the years/semesters marks should be given.
21. Where do I upload the domicile certificate if I am claiming the seat for MD in Psychiatry and
M.Phil. in Clinical Psychology under domicile category?
The domicile certificate needs to be uploaded along with other certificates as single PDF file. No
separate space for uploading domicile certificate is provided.
22. I am not employed, who should sign the declaration form (employer signature column)?
A person not employed can leave the employer signature column blank without any signature. It is
applicable to only those who are employed.
23. I have made the payment, the money is debited from my account, but still I am not able to
continue further as your application is still asking for payment. What shall I do?
Sometimes, due to internet problems, you may encounter such situation. The money debited
from your account in such cases will be credited back to your account within 3 – 4 working
days. Hence, please do make the payment again failing which the application will be
considered incomplete and rejected. Unless you complete all the levels including payment and
submit the application, it is incomplete only.
24. I am a sponsored/deputed candidate from the State/Central Government or Public Sector
Undertaking of State/Central Government. But, my sponsorship certificate is still received. How shall I apply?
You may apply with a self-declaration stating that you are a sponsored/deputed candidate from the State/Central Government or Public Sector Undertaking of State/Central Government and the sponsorship certificate will be made available at the time of counselling/interview. This declaration can be uploaded in lieu of sponsorship certificate. “In case you face any difficulty in online registration or if you haven’t received auto response mail within 24 hours, inform us at email@example.com giving following specific details to enable us to provide quick resolution of the error encountered by you – (a) Registration Number (b)
Name of the Bank (c) Name of the Post applied for (d) Your Email Id (f) Your contact telephone
number (preferably your Mobile no ) (g) Your Operating System Windows XP SP2 or Linux ( with Version number) (h) Browser with its version number (i) Whether java script is enabled (j) Copy of Exact Text of error message you encounter.
Please make one more attempt from any other PC with either Internet Explorer (5.5 or above),Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or above, Google chrome 2.0 or Opera 7.0 above. with java script enabled before filing the report with our help desk.”