NEET UG 2018 Important Dates
Candidates are required to go through the Information Bulletin carefully and acquaint themselves with the following:-
1. Candidates can apply for NEET (UG) “Online” only. No offline application will be entertained.
2. The candidates are allowed a maximum of 3 attempts. Appearance in NEET-2018 will be counted as first attempt.
(Changed in accordance with Letter no. U.12023/16/2010-ME-II/MEP dated 03/02/2017, Deptt. Of Health & Family Welfare)
3. Information Bulletin can be downloaded from the website www.cbseneet.nic.in.
4. Online submission of Application Form may be done by accessing Board’s website www.cbseneet.nic.in.
Instructions for Online submission of Application are available in the Information Bulletin and on the website www.cbseneet.
nic.in. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on website. Candidates not
complying with the instructions shall be disqualified
5. Aadhaar number is required for submission of Application Form of NEET (UG)-2018. The use of Aadhaar for the candidates of NEET (UG)-2018 will result in accuracy of the candidate’s details. This will also help in ascertaining identities of the candidates at the examination centres in a convenient and hassle free manner. Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove ones identity.
6. Candidates must retain the following documents with them as reference for future correspondence.
(a) At least three printouts of the Confirmation Page of online Application.
(b) Proof of fee paid.
(c) At least 5 copies of identical passport size Photograph that was scanned and uploaded on the Online Application.
(d) At least 2 similar post card size photos (same as scanned and uploaded on the online application).
(e) Copy of the system generated Self Declaration in respect of candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J&K
who have opted for seats under 15% All India Quota .
7. (a) Candidates must ensure that mobile numbers, e-mail ID filled in the online Application form are their own or their
parents’. The Board will make communication by SMS and/or e-mail on given mobile number and e-mail ID respectively
(b) The CBSE will not be held responsible for non-receipt of latest information due to wrong mobile number, e-mail ID and
correspondence address filled in the Online Application Form.
(c) The fee can be remitted in the following ways:
(i) By Credit Card/Debit Card; (ii) Net Banking/UPI; (iii) E-wallet of Common Services Centre and other service
(d) Fee remitted through Indian Postal Order / Demand Draft/ Pay Order/ Cheque/Cash, etc. would not be accepted in any
circumstances. Such applications would stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
(e) Final Submission of Online Application will remain incomplete and unsuccessful in case of failure to complete Step-3 of Online Application. Generation of confirmation page confirm that application has been submitted successfully.
8. Candidates must preserve the Admit Cards till their admission in MBBS/BDS Course.
9. Any correction pertaining to the photograph and signature will be intimated through e-mail and SMS and the same will be available in the candidate’s login account. Other permissible corrections will also be through log-in account with in permissible time only; therefore, ensure submission of correct data while submitting the application.
10. NEET (UG) will be held on 2nd weak of May, 2018
11. NEET (UG) will be held in single stage and would be an objective type test.
12. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate.
13. Particulars filled in application form may be chosen carefully as options exercised once cannot be changed later including
examination centre city and Language of Question Paper.
14. Allotment of centre is made by Computer and there is no human intervention. Under no circumstances the allotted centre
shall be changed by the Board.
15. The candidates can download Admit Card for the Examination from website www.cbseneet.nic.in.
16. The candidates can download the Result, Marks cum Rank Sheet/Rank Letter from the website www.cbseneet.nic.in . These documents will also be made available in DigiLocker- www. digilocker.gov.in.
17. For the latest updates, candidates must remain in touch with the website www.cbseneet.nic.in, www.mohfw.nic.in & www.
mcc.nic.in and the websites of concerned States/Institutions till the completion of final round of counseling.
18. Candidates should fill-up online form and pay fee well in advance to avoid last hour rush on the server. No request
regarding non-submission of application (due to any reason) will be entertained.
19. CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO BE IN TOUCH WITH THE LINK NEWS EVENTS/NOTICE ON THE NEET WEBSITE- www.cbseneet.nic.in AND REGULARLY CHECK THEIR E-MAILS ON THEIR GIVEN E-MAIL ID AND SMS ON THEIR GIVEN MOBILE NUMBER FOR LATEST UPDATES.
Date of Entrance Test – (Tentative)
NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) will be conducted on 2nd weak of May, 2017 from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm. The duration of test will be 3 hours.
Entrance Test Pattern of NEET 2018:
(a) Pattern of the Entrance Test:-
The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen provided by CBSE at examination centre only.
(b) The duration of test would be 03 hours.
NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG)
As per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2016 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2016, NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) – 2017 (NEET-UG-2017) will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
Following is stated in the regulations:-
a. There shall be a single eligibility cum entrance examination namely ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses’ in each academic year.
b. In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses for a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum marks in ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test’ held for the said academic year besides obtaining minimum prescribed marks at the qualifying examination.
c. The reservation of seats in Medical/Dental colleges for respective categories shall be as per applicable laws prevailing in States/Union Territories. An all India merit list of the eligible candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission in MBBS/BDS courses from the said lists only.
d. No candidate who has failed to obtain the minimum eligibility marks as prescribed by the Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India shall be admitted to MBBS/BDS Courses in the said academic year.
e. All admissions to MBBS/BDS courses within the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test.
f. The Central Board of Secondary Education shall be the organization to conduct National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses. Accordingly, the Central Board of Secondary Education will be conducting the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in the session 2018-19 on Sunday, the 2nd weak of May, 2018.
• The responsibility of CBSE is limited to the conduct of the entrance test, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to the Directorate General of Health Services, New Delhi for counselling of 15% All India Quota Seats and providing the result to the State Counselling Authorities and Admitting Institutions.
• The Counselling for successful candidates under 15% All India Quota seats is conducted by the MCC/DGHS. The counselling for admission in seats under the control of other States/Universities/Institutions shall be conducted as per the notifications issued separately by the authorities concerned.
• During counselling, the eligibility criteria, self-declaration, various documents, etc. of the eligible candidates shall be verified as per norms specified by the respective authorities and Medical/Dental Colleges.
Admissions to all seats of MBBS/BDS courses will be done through NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG), 2018. The seats are classified in the following categories :-
(i) All India Quota Seats
(ii) State Government Quota Seats
(iii) State/Private/Management/NRI Quota Seats in all Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private/ Deemed University
(iv) Central Pool Quota Seats
Eligibility to appear in NEET-UG
Eligibility for appearing in NEET-UG is as stipulated in Indian Medical Council Act-1956/Regulations as amended in 2016 and the Dentists Act-1948/Regulations as amended in 2016.
(a) He/she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1styear MBBS/BDS Course.
(b) The upper age limit for NEET is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST category. (As per letter no. U.12023/16/2010- ME-II dated 17.01.2017 received from MOH & FW)
The Age criteria for appearing in NEET (UG), 2017 is as follows:
For Candidates of Unreserved Category (UR) born on or between 08.05.1992 and 01.01.2001
For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC Category born on or between 08.05.1987 and 01.01.2001
(c) The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at NEET-UG examination shall be limited to 3 (three) uniformly to all the candidates. Appearance in NEET-2017 will be counted as first attempt. (Changed in accordance with Letter no. U.12023/16/2010-ME-II/MEP dated 03/02/2017, Deptt. Of Health & Family Welfare
(d) Deleted in the light of Letter no. U.12023/16/2010-ME-II/MEP dated 03/02/2017, Deptt. Of Health & Family Welfare.
(e) Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET (UG)-2017. (As per letter no. U.12023/16/2010- ME-II dated 13.01.2016 received from MoH & FW)
Central Board of Secondary Education
NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST UNIT
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre
Preet Vihar, Delhi – 110092
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org