KEAM 2017 Entrance Exam has been conducted by CEE Kerala.
Kerala Common Entrance Examination (KEAM 2017) has been conducted by CEE Kerala.for admission to Engineering for the year 2017-18.The engineering Entrance Examination will be conducted across the District Centers in Kerala and in Mumbai, New Delhi and Dubai. Candidates who desire to get admission in the various Engineering Courses shall have to appear for and qualify in the Kerala Engineering Entrance Examination to be conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Kerala.
KEAM 2017 by CEE Kerala
Candidates can get all information KEEM 2017 Entrance Exam from the official website at www.cee-kerala.org. Candidates who will be want to waiting for appear in the Kerala Common Entrance Exam can look the information Notification for latest information.
The Entrance Examinations for admission to Engineering courses in Kerala, for the year 2017-18 will be conducted as per the following schedule:
Dates and Time of Engineering Entrance Examination.
Physics & Chemistry
|10AM – 12:30 PM|
|10AM – 12:30 PM|
1. Candidate should apply for KEAM-2016 online and send a printout to the CEE on or before the last date.
2. Online submission of Application may be made by accessing CEE website – www.cee.kerala.gov.in
3. Copy of the printout of the Application form must be retained for future reference.
4. Applicant should ensure the following before sending the printout of the application form:
i. The applicant and parent/guardian have signed the form at the specified space.
ii.All certificates furnished are properly filled in and signed by the competent authority and affixed office seal at specified place.
iii.The photograph uploaded online and the photograph pasted in the printout of application form should be identical and properly attested by Head of the Institution or Gazetted
Officer of Government.
iv.The applicant should select the course/courses which he/she desires to study while applying online.
v.The candidate should maintain confidentiality of the key number and keep it in safe custody till the end of allotment process.
vi.Candidate should affix the left hand thumb impression in the space provided in the printout of the application.
5.No memo will be sent by post from this office in the case of defective applications. The defects, if any, which will be displayed on the website while downloading the admit card should be rectified within the specified period.
6.Candidates should send only one application for all the courses in KEAM 2017.
7.Candidates except SC/ST/OEC category should submit income certificate also along with the printout of application for availing fee concession/ scholarship.
8. Online Option confirmations mandatory for each phase of allotment (Refer to Clause 11.6.4)
Kerala MBBS / BDS Admission 2017:
This year Kerala MBBS and Allied Courses Admission will be made of the basis of NEET. There will not be state level entrance examination for the Medical and Allied Courses (MBBS, BDS, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Siddha, Unani, Agriculture, Veterinary, Fisheries and Forestry).
Candidates desirous of seeking admission to Medical and Allied Courses must necessarily qualify in the NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST – UG 2017 (NEET-UG 2017) which will be conducted by the CBSE.
However, preparation of the Kerala state rank lists and the Centralized Allotment Process (CAP) for both Medical and Engineering streams will be done by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala. Therefore, candidates for Medical & Allied courses must necessarily apply online to both the CBSE (for NEET-UG 2017) and the CEE, Kerala (for KEAM 2017), through the respective online application portals.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION:
Online Submission of Application: Online submission of application through the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in is required to apply for the Entrance Examination for admission to all the courses (Medical & Allied, Engineering and Architecture). If a candidate submits more than one printout of the application, his/her candidature is liable to be cancelled.
01. Application Fee:
A candidate who does not belong to SC/ST communities will be treated as ‘General’candidate for the collection of application fee. The application fee for all candidates will be as follows:
- General : Rs.1,000/-
- SC : Rs.500/-
- (a) ST candidates are exempted from payment of application fee. Security Cards (free of cost) and Prospectus will be distributed through Tribal Welfare Offices on production of ST Certificate.
Mode of Payment of Application Fee:
Candidate can pay application fee in either of the two following methods:
(a) Security Card: Security Card and Prospectus can be obtained from selected Post Offices in Kerala and outside the State, on payment of the prescribed fee (Rs.1000/- or Rs.500/- as the case may be), by cash. List of Post Offices that issue Prospectus and Security card will be notified separately. Security card will not be available at the Office of the Commissioner
for Entrance Examinations. The Security card consists of a KEY NUMBER, which is inside the Security panel and not visible before scratching the silver panel. There is a Serial Number on each Security card. The Key number and Serial Number are unique and are required for filling up of payment details in the online application.
(b) Demand Draft: Application fee can be paid by way of Demand Draft (DD) drawn on a Nationalised/Scheduled Bank, in favour of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, payable at Thiruvananthapuram. Those candidates who choose centre in Dubai will have to make the remittance as per Clause 7.2.2, along with the printout of the application.
Important: The Candidate should maintain strict confidentiality of the Key Number and keep it in safe custody till the end of allotment process of KEAM 2016. The Key number is also required for Option registration for admission to the Professional
Courses. The candidates who pay the application fee through Demand Draft will be issued Key number only after the preparation of rank list.
Note: The Application fee/additional fee once remitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Kerala B.Arch Admission 2017
Candidates desirous of seeking admission to Architecture courses must qualify in the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture. CEE Kerala will look after preparation of merit lists and counselling process. Architecture candidates must apply for KEAM-2017 in addition to applying and appearing for NATA conducted by the Council of Architecture.
KEAM Eligibility Criteria
Last year eligibility criteria is given below.
Candidates who are Indian citizens or persons of Indian origin or overseas citizens of India, are eligible to apply. PIO / OCI shall not have any valid claims for reservation.
Further, Indian citizens will be divided under three categories – Keralite, Non-Keralite category I (NK I), Non-Keralite category II (NK II). The details are published in the prospectus released for KEAM 2017.
Education Qualification required to be eligible for KEAM 2017.
- For MBBS and related courses: Candidate should have obtained 50% in aggregate in PCB, also 50% separately in biology.
- For Engineering and related courses: Candidate should have obtained 50% in aggregate in PCM, also 50% separately in mathematics.
- For Architecture and related courses: Candidates should have passed Class 12 or Diploma with minimum 50% marks. Applicants should have completed 17 years of age as on the 31 December. No relaxation in the minimum age will be allowed. There is no upper age limit for KEAM 2017.
For more details on eligibility criteria, relaxation and reservations please look the Information Brochure.
KEAM 2017 Exam Pattern
In the CEE Kerala entrance exam, there will be four papers. Engineering exam shall have two papers – Paper 1 (physics and chemistry), Paper 2 (mathematics). Similarly, the medical entrance exam will also have two papers. Paper 1 will be chemistry and physics; Paper 2 will be of biology.
- Duration of Exam- 150 minutes.
- Total Question- 120
- Option per Question – Multiple choice questions
- Marks awareded for incorrect answer- 4
- Marks deduction for incorrect answer (negative marking) – 1
The candidates are advised not to attempt an answer, if they are not sure of the response, because mere guessing may lead to choice of wrong answers, with the consequent penalty of negative marks. However, the candidates who fail to answer at least one question in each paper will be disqualified.
- For each correct response in the KEAM 2017 Engineering and Medical Entrance Examinations, the candidates will be awarded FOUR (4) marks.
- For each incorrect response, ONE (1) mark will be deducted from the total score.
- For all these papers, in the event of failure to answer a question, (that is, no response is indicated against a question in the answer-sheet) no deduction from the total score will be made.
- More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect response, and will be awarded negative marks.
KEAM 2017 Admit Card
As a document for identification, admit card for KEAM 2017 is issued by CEE Kerala. The KEAM admit card will be available for download online. Candidate will be required to log in at www.cee-kerala.org using application number and date of birth.
- In case candidate’s application form has been rejection, a memo notifying the same will be issued.
- Please note that the hall ticket for KEAM will not be sent by post.
- All candidates whose KEAM 2017 application form has been accepted, should download their admit card / hall ticket.
- A candidate who does not possess the Admit Card will not be admitted to the Examination Hall under any circumstances.