GMCH Chandigarh MBBS / BDS Admission 2016 through NEET 2016.
Government Medical College & Hospital (GMCH) of Chandigarh has been invited application from eligible candidates for Admission to MBBS / BDS courses for the session 2016. Candidates now will get the all information ie, Application fees, Important Dates, Eligible Criteria, Application form and counselling for Admission to MBBS / BDS courses for the session 2016 from this page below.
- Other Categories Candidates for Application fee Rs. 500/- + Bank charges.
- The Candidates are SC Category for Application fee Rs. 300/- + Bank charges.
- The Candidates who are Non Residence of India (NRI) for Application fee Rs. 6000/-+ Bank charges.
- The application fee, once paid, will not be refunded to the candidates.
No. of Seats:
|01||MBBS Course in Government Medical College & Hospital of Chandigarh||100|
|02||BDS Course in Dr. Harvansh Singh Judge Institute of Dental Sciences,Punjab University||100|
GMCH Chandigarh MBBS / BDS Admission 2016.
Availability of Prospectus & Application Form:
- Prospectus is available only as PDF document on GMCH Website www.gmch.gov.in for viewing/downloading. It is not available in printed form.
- Application form is available online only at GMCH Website. Candidate has to fill this online application form and submit it online once completed. It is not available in printed form.
- After submitting the completed online application form, Candidate should take out printout, which along with necessary annexure including application fee should be submitted to GMCH by due date. Only those candidates who submit printout of completed online application form along with specified annexure and fee by due date will be included in the list of candidates eligible to appear for counseling subject to fulfillment of other eligibility criteria specified in the prospectus.
- Candidates will must to keep a copy of printout of application form submitted online for their reference.
Admission Schedule: GMCH Chandigarh MBBS / BDS Admission 2016.
Schedule of counseling for all courses covered in Centralized Admissions will be as under:
|SL||EVENTS||Dates & Particulars|
|01||Dates for receipt of applications
for filling up the form online
|17.08.2016 to 23.08.2016 upto 5.00 pm|
|02||for receiving the printout of application form||24.08.2016 upto 4.00 pm|
|03||Display of lists of eligible candidates The information will be available at www.gmch.gov.in||27.08.2016|
|04||First Counseling :
MBBS:All UT* Pool seats (General/SC/PD**) NRI seats and BDS NRI seats
|30.08.2016 at 10:00 AM|
Last date upto which students
can be admitted against vacancies
arising due to any reason
- Every candidate seeking admission should have attained the age of 17 years on or before 31st December, 2016.
- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply under the categories of UT Chandigarh Pool and All India Quota.
- Only candidates whose names appear in the NEET- 2016 merit list of successful candidates prepared by CBSE for MBBS/BDS will be eligible to apply. This condition is not applicable to NRI Category candidates.
- A candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology & English individually in the qualifying 12th standard examination or other equivalent qualifying examination.
- A candidate must have secured following minimum percentage of marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together in 12th standard examination or other equivalent qualifying
examination: General category: not less than 50%, SC category: not less than 40%,
- A candidate appearing/appeared in the qualifying 12th Standard examination or other equivalent qualifying examination in 2016 where result is awaited can also apply. However he/she shall not be eligible for admission, if he/she does not pass the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage of marks prior to the first round of Counseling.
He/she will be allowed to attend first counseling only if detailed marks certificate of the above said examination is submitted prior to or at the time of first counseling, failing which he/she will be declared ineligible for
admission year 2016 and his/her application will be rejected.
- The candidates, except NRI category candidates, must have come in the merit list of AIPMT-2015 for MBBS/BDS by securing following minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology taken together in the competitive examination as below: General category: not less than 50%, SC category: not less than 40%.
- Admission will be made strictly on the basis of rank/merit obtained in NEET – 2016.
Important Note: The examination conducted by the under noted Institute is not recognized by the Panjab University for admission purposes. Hence students of the following institution are ineligible for admission to this course:I). Mahila Gram Vidyapeeth, Allahabad.
GMCH Chandigarh MBBS / BDS Counseling
- List of eligible candidates according to their rank/merit in NEET- 2016 will be displayed on Website of Government Medical College & Hospital, Sector 32, Chandigarh on 27.08.2016.
- All eligible candidates, except in the NRI category, will be considered for admission against General category seats according to their rank/merit in the combined list, in addition to the category/categories they have applied for.
- Candidate(s) belonging to a reserved category who fulfills all the criteria for General category (own merit candidates) and on the basis of his/her rank/merit in the AIPMT-2015 obtains admission in General category shall not be counted towards the seats earmarked for the reserved category concerned.
- It is further clarified that SC candidate(s) who obtain admission in the General category on the basis of his/her rank/merit will continue to get all the benefits such as fee concession etc. available to SC candidates admitted against seats reserved for Scheduled Castes.
- The venue for centralized counseling will be: Auditorium, College Building, Government Medical College & Hospital, Sector 32-A Chandigarh.
- Personal appearance of the candidate before the Counseling/Admission Committee is mandatory for claiming seat as per rank/merit determined and displayed.
- Sequence of counseling will be for General Category seats first, followed by reserved category seats.
- If an eligible candidate reports late for counseling when his/her turn according to his/her rank/merit has already been passed over, he/she will be considered as per available seat at the time of his/her actual reporting in the counseling.
- A candidate once granted admission cannot reappear in subsequent counseling.
- An otherwise eligible candidate who did not appear in the first counseling is allowed to appear in the second or subsequent counseling and will be offered the available course/seat as per his/her rank/merit in that counseling.
Candidates get the more information of GMCH Chandigarh MBBS/BDS Admission in the Information Brochure.
Click to link for Information Brochure.