WBJEE 2017 Application form, Exam Dates, Result, Correction Check Here
WBJEE 2017 Entrance Exam Dates with all information.
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) has been published the date of common Entrance examinations for admission to the UG level Engineering Courses in the State of West Bengal for the academic year 2017-2018.
The WBJEEB will conduct the Common entrance Examination for admission to Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture in Universities,Government colleges and self financed Institutions in the state for the academic session 2017-2018. Candidates who are eligible for apply can get all information ie Eligibility criteria, Application form,Admit card, Exam Timetable,Registration, Correction and all updates news from this page given below.
Eligibility criteria for appearing in the WBJEE-2017:
a) Citizenship: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
b) Age Restriction:
(i) The lower age limit is 17 (seventeen) years as on 31.12.2017. There is no upper age limit in appearing in the WBJEE-2017. A candidate born on or after 01.01.2000 is not eligible to appear in the WBJEE-2017.
(ii) However, for admission to the degree level Marine Engineering Course The lower age limit is 17 (seventeen) years as on 31.12.2017 and the upper age limit is 25 Years as on 31.12.2017.
Important Dates – WBJEE 2017:
|01||Online Form Fill-up will start on||05.01.2017|
|02||Last Date of online form fill-up including payment and downloading confirmation page.||04.02.2017|
|03||Windows Correction by Candidates||06.02.2017|
|04||Admit Card Download date published on||12.04.2017|
|05||Date of Examination||23.04.2017|
|06||WBJEE- 2017 Exam Result published on||05.06.2017|
Date of Examination Schedule – WBJEE- 2017.
|SL||SUBJECTS||DATE & TIME|
11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
|02||Physics & Chemistry (Paper-II)||23.04.2017
(02:00 PM to 04:00 PM)
Candidates look the official website for correction your application form below.
Correction of application form:
- It is not possible to correct any registration data i.e. Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s name and Date of birth.
- If any candidate intends to correct any other information in his/her application, he/she can do so during the given correction window period using the edit mode. The Board cannot entertain any request for any correction under any circumstances beyond the correction window period.
- Confirmation page, admit card, rank card etc. will be issued with the personal detail as given by the candidate. In case of any problem to the candidate during admission or thereafter due to any mistake committed by him/her, the Board is not in a position to render any help e.g. issuing any letter of correction. The candidate has to take corrective actions at his/her end with the institute, where he/she takes admission.
Registration Details :
- Once the registration details i.e. name, father’s name, mother’s name and date of birth are and submitted, they cannot be changed/modified/edited under normal circumstances.
- Also the information must match exactly with the school admit cards, mark sheets, certificates, photo identity cards, caste/category certificates etc. which you have to produce to enter the examination hall, during counselling, during admission & during registration with the University.
Pattern of Question Papers in WBJEE-2017:
Questions will be based on the Syllabus for WBJEE-2017 In every subject, all questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type, with four options against each of the questions.
There will be three categories of questions in each of the subjects. The number of questions as well as maximum marks for each are stated as per the following table:
|Total Number of questions||Total Marks|
|Mathematics||No. of Questions
|No. of Questions
|No. of Questions
Mode of Answering in the Examination: WBJEE 2017
- Questions are to be answered on specially designed optical machine readable response (OMR) sheet, which will be evaluated by the method of Optical Mark, Recognition by specially designed machines only and therefore it is very important to follow the correct method of marking.
- There will be four alternative answers for each question. Candidate will indicate response to the questions by darkening the appropriate circle completely with blue/black ball point pen.
- Any other kind of marking e.g. filling the bubble incompletely, filling with pencil, cross mark, tick mark, dot mark, circular mark, over writing, scratching, erasing, white ink, marking outside the bubble etc. may lead to wrong/partial/ambiguous
reading of the response. WBJEEB will be, in no way, responsible for such eventuality.
- Response marking cannot be edited/changed/erased/modified. Hence it is advised that the candidate should be sure about the answer before marking and should not put any stray mark on which he/she does not want to attempt.
Payment of Examination Fees:
After up-loading of images candidates will be directed automatically to the fee-payment step.
- The Examination Fees can be paid in cash less mode by ‘Net Banking’/ ‘Debit Card’/Credit Card’ or in cash using Allahabad Bank e-challan, which will be automatically generated for downloading once the same option is selected. The candidate has to take a print of the challan and deposit the fees in cash in any branch of Allahabad Bank with Core Banking Services (CBS).
- There is no other method of paying the application fee besides the above.
- The amount of Examination Fees. The amount of fees to be paid for appearing in the WBJEE-2017 is ₹500 (Rupees five
hundred only) plus the Bank’s Service Charges as applicable.
- The fee once paid is not refundable under any circumstances.
Filling up of Application Form:
The candidate will first enter the registration details i.e. Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s name and Date of birth. Be careful while entering the registration details. It cannot be changed/edited/modified under normal circumstances. Also the information must match exactly with the school admit cards, mark sheets, certificates, photo identity cards, caste/category certificates etc. which you have to produce to enter the examination hall, during counselling, during admission and during registration with the University.
a) Any attempt by a candidate to make duplicate registration will be stopped by the system.
b) Thereafter candidates are required to fill up various personal information regarding, Nationality, Religion, Income category, Address, Choice of examination zones, academic detail etc.
c) At the end, the candidate has to choose password and security question/answer.
d) At this stage the candidate can review the entire application and make changes as necessary.
e) The candidate will then be asked to submit the application.
f) Then an application number will be generated and SMS/email will be sent to the candidate.
g) Candidates have to remember password and security question/answer. The system is automatic. There is no way to recover the password if it is lost.
h) It is not possible for any person/agency to change/edit/input any information without knowing the password. Hence candidates must not share their password
with anybody. The Board will not be responsible for any change resulting from sharing/ divulging the password.
i) At this stage candidates may logout or continue to next step.
Uploading of images:
At this stage the candidate is required to upload scanned images of his/her recent colour photograph, signature and left thumb impression (LTI) all in one go. Essential features of the photograph
a) The Photograph must be taken on or after 01.12.2016.
b) It should be taken in professional studio. Low quality photograph by Mobile Phone or self composed portraits is not acceptable and may likely to be rejected.
c) Background of the photograph must be of very light colour.
d) The face of the candidate should occupy at least 50% of the entire space for photograph looking straight to the camera.
e) Spectacles of dark or tinted glasses are not acceptable.
f) The photograph must match with the candidates’ appearance during the examination.
g) Copy of same photograph need to be produced for entering the examination centre, during counseling, admission, registration with the university etc.
Format, storage size and physical dimension of the images look below:
In case the images do not conform to the above requirement, it will not be possible to issue the admit card. In which case, only the candidate will remain responsible. WBJEEB does not check the images. However, if any discrepancy comes to its notice a SMS will be sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number. The candidate, then has to log in and upload corrected image.
Admit Card: WBJEE – 2017
- Admit cards will be generated on the notified date for the student to download and take a print. Candidate has to carry to the examination centre a printed hard copy of the admit card.
- Candidates must ensure that the admit card is not mutilated/ distorted/ soiled even by accident. Candidates with such mutilated/ distorted/ soiled admit cards will not be allowed to appear in WBJEE-2017.
- Duplicate admit cards cannot be generated after the examination. Hence, candidates are advised to retain their admit cards carefully in secured place in undamaged condition for all future purpose.
- WBJEEB does not verify the information provided by the candidate during on-line application. Admit cards issued only on the basis of the information provided by the candidate. All applicants who appear to be prima facie eligible will be issued admit cards and shall be provisionally permitted to sit for WBJEE-2017.
- All verifications are done during counseling, admission, registration with the university etc. If at any stage after examination it is found on scrutiny that the applicant is otherwise ineligible, his/her candidature shall be treated as cancelled even if he/she had appeared in and secured a Merit Rank in WBJEE-2017. Appearing in the examination and securing a Rank in the WBJEE-2017 does not constitute a right/guarantee in favour of a candidate for his/her claim for admission.
Counselling/seat allotment and admission:
- A separate notification with details of e-counseling/seat allotment and admission will be published in www.wbjeeb.in and www.wbjeeb.nic.in shortly after publication of result. Only those, eligible for e-counseling, will be able to participate in it.
- Course-wise and institute wise availability of seats as provided by the competent authorities will also be published before counseling and allotment.
- Credentials of all candidates participating in e-counseling will be verified at Reporting Centers on stipulated dates. Details of the reporting centers will be given in the rank cards of the candidates declared eligible for e-counseling.
Candidates click here for Information Brochure of WBJEE 2017
For any query regarding the examination contact,
Controller of Examinations
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
AQ-13/1, Sector –V, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700091
Examination Helpdesk:-1800-3450-050, 03323671149, 59, 99.
Email: Link <Contact Us> in www.wbjeeb.in