Post Graduate Degree Courses Admission 2018 – Forest Research Institute (F.R.I.) Dehradun.
The Forest Research Institute (F.R.I.) (Deemed to be University) Dehradun has invited the applications for admission to 4 Post Graduate Degree courses are M.Sc. Forestry, M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology,M.Sc. Environment Management and M.Sc. Cellulose & Paper Technology courses for the session 2018-2020. Candidates who are eligible for apply of those courses can collect the Application form from the official website. Candidates gets all related information ie. Admission procedure, Eligible Criteria, important dates, exam date and Fee details from this page given below.
4 Post Graduate Degree courses Admission:
M.Sc. Forestry, M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology,M.Sc. Environment Management and M.Sc. Cellulose & Paper Technology courses for the session 2018-2020.
Applications for admission shall be made in the prescribed form available from the Registrar, Forest Research Institute Deemed to be University, Dehra Dun. The application form and the Information Bulletin can be obtained in person or by post on payment of Rs.1200/- wherever applicable through bank draft drawn in favour of Registrar, Forest Research Institute Deemed to be University payable at Dehra Dun. Forms can also be downloaded from the website www.fridu.edu.in
The Forest Research Institute Deemed to be University admission test, 2018 will be held at 12 centres in the country on Sunday, 20th May, 2018 for the following courses are M.Sc. Forestry, M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology,M.Sc. Environment Management,M.Sc. Cellulose & Paper Technology.
Date of issue of application forms on : 22nd January, 2018 to 30th March, 2018.
Course Duration: 2 Year.
Number of Seats:-
M.Sc. Forestry- 38 for Indian and 2 for Foreign Nationals.
M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology 38 for Indian and 2 for Foreign Nationals.
M.Sc. Environment Management 38 for Indian and 2 for Foreign Nationals
M.Sc. Cellulose & Paper Technology 20 for Indian.
|01||Issue of application forms starts on||22 January, 2018|
|02||Last date for issue of application forms by post||26 March, 2018|
|03||Last date for issue of application forms from Institute’s/ Bank counter at Dehradun||30 March, 2018|
|04||Last date for receiving completed application forms||06 April, 2018|
|05||Date of admission test||20th May, 2018|
|06||Date of 1st counseling||06th July, 2018|
|07||Date of 2nd counseling||09th July, 2018|
|08||Date of starting new session||16th July, 2018|
How to Apply:
Information Bulletin and application form can be obtained by post by submitting a Bank Draft for Rs. 1200/- (Rupees One thousand two hundred only) payable at Dehradun in favour of Registrar, FRI Deemed to be University, P.O.I.P.E., Kaulagarh Road, Dehradun–248195.
Application Forms will also be available from the counter of the Union Bank of India (FRI Branch, Dehradun).
For details please refer to “Information Bulletin” 2018. A candidate who want to apply for two or more courses has to fill up separate form fee @ Rs. 1200/- for each course. Information Bulletin/Application forms may also be downloaded from the website www.fridu.edu.in. Admit card containing centre code and roll number will be mailed to the applicant by the forth week of April, 2018.
The eligibility requirements for admission to these courses are as follows:
Three years bachelor’s degree in science with at least one of the subjects namely Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry.
M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology:
Three years bachelor’s degree with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry or B.Sc. degree in Forestry.
M.Sc. Environment Management:
Three years bachelor’s degree in any branch of Basic or Applied Sciences or Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or Agriculture or BE/B.Tech in Environment Science.
M.Sc. Cellulose & Paper Technology:
Graduate degree with minimum 50% marks in aggregate in Science with Chemistry as one of the subjects. BE/B.Tech. (Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with minimum 50% aggregate).
1. Semester fee – 750 US$ per semester (1st installment is payable at the time of admission)
2. Caution money – 50 US$ (Refundable)
3. Hostel fee – 40 US$ per month
4. Sports, Magazines fees – 30 US$ p.a.
5. Library/Teaching aid fee – 50 US$ per semester
6. Degree fee – 10 US$
7. The mess charges will be around 23 US$ p.m., if they join mess run by the students.
The Admission Test will be held on 20th May, 2018. Date, time and venue for test will be indicated on the admit card.
Reservation of Seats:
Fifteen percent (15%) of the total available seats shall be reserved for scheduled castes and seven and half percent (7.5%) for scheduled tribes candidates. The reservation to OBC is being provided as per the policy of the Govt. of India.
List of test Centres and their codes given below:
|SL||Test Centre||Code No|
Result Announcement and Admission:
1. A merit list of candidates including a waiting list will be formed for each course on the basis of aggregate marks secured in the written test. Candidates will be selected in order of merit in all the categories. The result of the exam will be declared on the website www.fridu.edu.in . Date of first counseling is 06th July, 2018 and date of second counseling is 09th July, 2018. The candidates will be suitably advised before they come for counseling.
2. The selected candidates will have to pay the prescribed fees and join the course by the due date notified. The fee has to be paid at the time of counseling otherwise the seat will be offered to the next candidate.
3. If a selected candidate does not join by the prescribed date or if no extension has been asked for and granted by the University the admission shall stand cancelled automatically and the seat shall be offered to the candidate in the merit/waiting list.
Candidates get all Information in details for Post Graduate Degree courses Admission 2018 – Forest Research Institute Dehradun Check- Information brochure.