UG /PG/ B.Ed / M.Ed Admission M.G.U. Kerala–Mahatma Gandhi University.
M.G.University, Kerala has been invited application through online for Admission into Under graduate courses, Post Graduates courses and B.Ed /M.Ed courses. Candidates can get all information ie, Application form, Admission dates, important dates and others from this page below. Mahatma Gandhi University is one of leading university in the district of Kottayam, Kerala.
Mahatma Gandhi University conducted the Entrance Exam for Admission to various courses.Candidates who are eligible they can apply and get full information here.
Mahatma Gandhi University : Kerala.
Rules regarding admission to various courses offered by the MG University:
- Those who have acquired higher degree cannot appear for lower courses. But those who have acquired professional degree can join B.A./B.Sc./B.Com.
- Those who have completed a course either here or in other universities will not be allowed to join the same course with the same subjects again.
- Students will not be allowed to do two courses at a time either in this University or outside except for certain courses like Diploma/Certificate courses in German, Russian etc.
- Additional degree/courses is possible (ref. Chapter on Private registration
- Admission to courses in affiliated colleges is based on the following rules of reservation. (i) 20% to SC/ST/OBC.
Preference will be in the given order in the following.
- If candidates are not available, vacancies will be filled in from open quota. Merit should be the criteria
- 20% management quota. Merit not necessary
- 10% community quota. Merit system to be followed
- 1% in degree (except Geology) to 3 sections of Physically handicapped, blind, deaf and orthopedically handicapped with provision for inter change of seats among them.
- Sports: one seat in each Degree Course (inter changeable) one seat for every 20 seats in M.A., M.Sc., M.Com. M.S.W. Courses (also combined).
Details of seats that come under the ambit of Centralized Allotment Process
- Govt. Colleges: Total seats available in government colleges except Sports/Cultural/PD quotas
- Aided Colleges: Open quota seats, seats earmarked for SC/ST candidates
- Unaided Colleges/ Unaided Programmes conducted in Aided Colleges: 50% of the total seats including seats reserved for SC/ST and SEBC
- Constituent Colleges owned and run by the University: 90% of the total seats including seats reserved for SC/ST and SEBC.
Types of Reservation:
Out of the total Merit Seats available in Govt./Aided/Self Financing affiliated colleges and the Constituent Colleges owned and run by the University for various UG Programmes, seats will be reserved for different categories under the following main items.
- Reservation for nominees
- Reservation for Persons with Disabilities
- Special Reservation and
- Mandatory Reservation
MGU Kerala B.Ed Admission 2016:
MGU Kerala Applications are invited for admission to B.Ed course in the two year pattern for academic year 2016-2018 offered at Training Colleges affiliated to this University.
|01||Issue of application||20 May 2016|
|02||Last date of submission of application||06 Jun 2016|
|03||Date of publication of rank list||15 Jun 2016|
|04||Date of Interview / Admission||22 Jun 2016|
|05||Date of commencement of classes||01 Jul 2016|
Application Form for MGU Kerala B.Ed Admission 2016:
Candidates can fill Your Application form from the Official link provided below.
- Candidates Download Your Application Form
Admissions to the merit quota seats are regulated on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination and communal reservation norms.
Candidates now Click here for Official Notification for 2016.
M.Ed Admission 2015 – MGU Kerala :
MGU Kerala M.Ed Application (Click Here) are invited for admission to M.Ed degree course offered in the affiliated colleges of teacher education under the University on self-financing basis for the year 2015-16.
The course leads to Master’s Degree in Education and extends for a period of two years. The course of study shall be by regular attendance for the requisite number of lectures and other means.
50% of the total seats including seats reserved for SC/ST/SEBC/Sports/Teachers/Persons with Disabilities quota are classified as Merit Quota seats. The remaining seats under management quota (50%) shall be filled by the educational agency concerned as per the existing rules. The Principal shall report the details of the admissions to the University after the closure of admission.
The selection of candidates shall be based on the marks in the qualifying examination and the weightage marks. The details of the Selection criteria, Schedule, and other rules related to admission are there in the Prospectus.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION:
1. Academic eligibility should be satisfied as on the last date of submission of the application.
02. If an applicant for admission is found to have indulged in ragging in the past or if it is noticed later, admissions shall be denied or he/she shall be expelled from the educational institution.
03. Candidates should have passed B Ed degree in the subject concerned from any of the Universities in Kerala or of any other University recognized by the Mahatma Gandhi University as equivalent thereto for admission with a minimum of 55% marks or CGPA of 2.2.
List of B Ed Optional and Corresponding Post Graduate Subjects:
|SL||B Ed Optional’s||PG subjects|
|01||English Education||English Language and Literature|
|03||Malayalam Education||Malayalam Language & Literature|
|04||Natural Sciences Education||Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology|
|05||Physical Sciences Education||Physics, Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Geology, Petrochemicals, Industrial, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry|
|07||Social Science Education||History, Islamic History, Geography, Politics, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy|
|08||Commerce Education||M Com|
|09||IT Education||Computer Science, MSc IT, MSc ITCC, MCA, M Tech (computer Science & Information System)|